Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
At some point they had started walking again towards the school though when and for how long Astrid wasn't sure. Admittedly her head was beginning to swim a little and she had to reconsider the fact that the piece of wood may have in fact hit her harder against the side of her head than she gave it credit for. She paused for a moment, placing her hand on to a nearby building wall to lean on while she recollected her balance. It was all a real annoyance but she wasn't just yet prepared to take the hit to her ego to ask for help, particularly when the only one to offer her help was just as banged up as she was if not more. 

She looked up as he recommended she seek out Rowena for obtaining supplies to remake her lute. Astrid was a bit stunned not from his advice but the following comment that had her stare at him a bit more focused. How would he know it made her happy? He only heard her playing for a short time when he arrived at the tavern tonight or was he just assuming so from their talk that followed after their meeting? Had he actually been paying attention to what she had said then? No, he couldn't have. He was just humoring her given the situation they were both in that was all, come tomorrow it would be all back to avoiding her or engaging in very small talk with others around.

"Thank you for the advice, I may keep it in mind to seek out Lady Ravenclaw should I be unable to collect the materials myself. I know my time is a bit restrictive given I need to be on alert at all times of the day, I just would rather go in person to find the piece of wood myself that will be used to make a new lute. Its what makes it a bit more unique and personal, not to mention its sort of part of the entire experience when you make something by hand. Going out and finding that perfect piece of wood that will make all the difference to the end result and the high unique feeling of accomplishment and pride fill you once its done" Astrid explained though she wasn't sure if it made entirely much sense.

It was something that wasn't easy to explain unless the person hearing it had experienced making something themselves with their own hands. She wasn't fully sure if Godric had ever done so but given his background it was possible he had some experience doing work with his hands of some kind. Even knights would wittle and carve wood or get creative with making weapons in their down time.

While she understood given her position as the school healer limited her freedom to go wandering around for the perfect piece of wood she needed, Astrid still wanted to hold out on the hope maybe there could be a chance she could slip away for just an hour or so to look around the nearby forests at least for a decent well shaped piece of wood. It wouldn't quite be the wood breed she was hoping for but it would do just well enough to craft a basic lute for the time being. Perhaps when she had more time she could go get what she really wanted and make another lute made from the materials she really wanted to use. Having two would come in handy, particularly if she happened to find herself in a situation like this again where she would need to defend herself with the nearest object.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Astrid Gudrun - 11-05-2022, 02:17 AM