Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid thought to interrupt once or twice as Godric tried to reassure her replacing his shirt wasn't necessary. While she had to agree that try as he might he had come across a bit arrogant when explaining his clothing options, it didn't reduce or eliminate the guilty feeling in her though that he had ruined his 'lucky' shirt because she hadn't thought before she acted. If anything she felt a bit worse about causing the damage to it.

She could understand having a favorite or lucky piece of clothing, she didn't quite have one of her own except maybe her alter ego's armor but she knew a few of her siblings had such an item selected. She felt fortunate for what she had as it was, a few simple dresses was the bulk of her clothing. As with many things she had made sure her sibling's needs were met first and that included clothing. For many of them they were either in or just starting puberty so they were growing quite quickly out of their clothing but thankfully they could be handed down to one another and if they happened to get damaged or worn Astrid could at least give them a good repair to last a bit longer. Once or twice she considered possibly getting some fabric to make a new dress for herself but for the most part in the end she made one instead for one of her sisters. One day perhaps she would see about it but for now her siblings were the priority on her mind, needing to make sure they had full and happy lives until they were old enough and decided to leave to find their own path in life.

Astrid slowly lowered her hand away holding the torn piece of his shirt to her head. She wasn't sure if the bleeding had stopped or not but it was becoming a bit too painful to continue holding her arm up at the angle with the growing bruise on the back of her shoulder. Yeah, that was going to be interesting to try and heal. It wasn't impossible and she had done it before on herself but despite his intentions to treat her injury first she was going to make sure he was treated and patched up before she did anything on herself. It was the right course of action in her mind, he was more important position wise and he had come to her aid when he didn't need to.

"Then at least let me mend it for you instead as my way of apologizing and thanking you. If you leave it as is the rip could unravel the rest of the material or if you don't have it tucked in it could catch on something and very well rip the whole shirt off completely. I wouldn't feel right letting something rather important to you remain in such a condition, particularly if its providing you with the protection of luck when your engaged in a fight" She replied finally raising her gaze to meet his and gave him something of a weak version of a thankful smile. "I've got a pretty quick sewing hand so I can have it patched up before you turn in for the evening once I've seen to your injuries. Having a few siblings with habits of ruining their clothes has given me quite a bit of practice." 

Though his words had lightened the air a bit between them another weight had formed in her mind that was trying to distract her in its own way. Was it really too much to ask for something to go right tonight or at least not make her look like a weak foolish woman to the last person she wanted to see her that way?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Astrid Gudrun - 11-04-2022, 05:25 PM