Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric shrugged off the shirt. "As long as I tuck it in, it'll be fine. Really. And if not, I might have another one somewhere in my wardrobe." Maybe. He wasn't quite certain. "For me," he went on, not wanting her to think he was some arrogant nobleman who couldn't be bothered about his clothing because that was the furthest thing from the truth. "Shirts - well, one looks like another so I don't normally bother keeping more than one on hand.

"However, my sister and brother's wife saw to my clothing before I left for school. They said it was important to set the right tone as an authority figure so they might have included another without me realizing it. To be honest," he gave her a sheepish look, not realizing that she probably couldn't see it. "I just send everything down to the house elfs to be washed overnight. Since it's always there in the morning when I needed it, I never thought to look through everything else they packed." Probably not the best answer, now that he thought of it but something had loosened his tongue. It certainly wasn't the alcohol so what the hell!

"And now that I hear what I just said, it does make me sound a bit like an arrogant noble." He sighed heavily. Godric was just trying to keep her mind off of their injuries and what had just happened to keep her from going into shock. That was his reasoning, surely. He could see the pride in every step she took. To succumb to shock and need to be carried to the castle, needing someone else to heal her would likely damage that pride considerably.

So yes, that had to be why he was talking - to help her. Definitely - without a doubt.

"I swear that isn't the case here. Well, a little bit of the arrogant part but nobility is a bit of a stretch. It's just...see, it's my lucky shirt! Every time I've worn it, I haven't been lost a fight. In my life, that's a bit of a challenge so I long ago figured out that when something works, you don't change it." That wasn't quite the whole story but maybe it would make her smile anyway. It was what he was trying for: a bit of levity in spite of what had just happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Godric Gryffindor - 11-04-2022, 02:12 PM