Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
"Yes I suppose I did fall right into her trap, unable to see it until I was already tangled up in it. She would be one of a rare few to have ever done that to me" Astrid said, a smile forming on her lips as she glanced down at her empty tankard. True that while it was a good sort of trap to be caught in, it was still one that had caught her by surprise and that meant her guard hadn't been up to its usual level. Something perhaps she would need to remember and work a little better at. Who knows, there was a chance Godric would try to catch her in a trap of his own for whatever reason he saw fit. Well, maybe not seeing as he seemed to still be a bit on edge about her. For what reason would he have to want to catch her? Other than perhaps loosing time and time again at a heart game of the drink they were currently enjoying. 

"I wouldn't dream of letting anyone try to tell me I'm out of place or unfit for my job. If not for myself but for my siblings that believed enough in me to tell me to take it or the lot of them wouldn't speak to me again. As if a few of them could ever not talk for more than a minute or so in general but still I know just like Rowena they see and know my potential and my worth for this job and I don't intend to leave it no matter who decides to oppose it" Astrid continued as she looked up at him. 

"So, what about you?" she asked as she stood up from her chair. Knowing it must of sounded confusing given the basic of question with no details, she didn't add anything further to it, not just yet anyway. Calmly, Astrid stepped over to the bar and leaned against it just beside Godric with maybe a couple small breaths worth of space between them as she asked for another refill. She was purposefully letting the question simmer in his mind, maybe not quite drunk but he had to be getting there with the number of drinks he had consumed so far.

She turned to look at him, lowering her gaze to look at his mug before slowly rising back up to where his eyes were. "Do you think I'm worthy and deserving of the job? You've experienced first hand my skill level when I caught you in the infirmary the other day, so I'm a bit curious to know if to you I'm fit for the position. I could always show you again should you happen to have yourself a bit of fun tonight after you have consumed a couple more drinks and stumble right into the thick of trouble?" Astrid paused there, waiting and watching the gears turn in his mind at her words. Her eyes flicked down to his mug again, the corner of her lips playfully curled in the hint of a smirk as she raised them back up again just as her tankard was set down full and frothy near her. "While I'm far still from feeling a comfortable drunken buzz just yet you seem to be getting close to that point yourself. Maybe just a drink or two more to get you there?"

Astrid left it there for now, collecting her tankard and calmly moving back to her seat. She waited until she was seated again, her full tankard nestled just temporarily on her lap between her hands. "If you feel up to it of course, no harm in calling it for the night though if your at your limit already." Was she pushing him too much? Poking a bit roughly at his ego, maybe but the night was still somewhat young and with a few heart to heart and serious conversation topics done and out of the way why couldn't they enjoy a bit of fun. Possibly some competition if he could keep up with her that is but should he dare, even those dashing eyes of his wouldn't be strong enough to distract her from winning a game of the drink.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Astrid Gudrun - 10-24-2022, 03:10 AM