Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric wasn't surprised when she got up and got another drink. She seemed like the type that could drink well. The few Vikings he'd met (not on the battlefield, obviously) could hold their liquor with the best of them. While she was female, he just had that feeling about him. Maybe she couldn't do it as well as he could, he felt she could easily match him drink for drink for at least an hour or two - which was good. He never liked coming down here to get hit on by the few drunk women who dared come in here.

And she wasn't hitting on him, thankfully. Teasing him a bit, yes but there were also moments of real sincerity, something the playful women could never consider by the time they hit him up.

It was a relief to find a woman outside of their circle that didn't just look at him to look. He never valued the type that looked at his face and arms and fell hard. After all, they were magical. Looks easily came in a bottle or with the wave of a wand (as he knew too well). It had to be what was inside or nothing. Granted, pretty faces were nice for a night or two when one was lonely but not enough to consider a lifetime with said person.

"I thank you. Sometimes I do question myself. Don't we all from time to time?" he said, a good-natured grin on his face. It didn't take a genius to see the flash of darkness that crossed her face. While it was quickly there and gone as she buried her face in her mug for the most part. It was hard to see unless one was too used to that look on the faces of others as well as himself.

It was not hard to imagine the hardships she might have witnessed in her life. Though young, he hadn't been that old either when he'd run his first man through. Not a man yet, the blood that had sprayed across his face had made him one that day. Who knew what the life of the common Viking woman was like. The few he'd met had been fierce warriors that had fought to the death, leaving little chance to interact with them. Honestly, it was more likely to see a man of their race to surrender than a woman.

He wanted to reassure her somehow that he was not a man to judge but that would be too personal for him. Still wanting to take away the darkness from her eyes, he adopted a goofy smile and launched into another story, the endearing one about Kimberly who'd tried to run away from him and was constantly worried about having an independent life. He wanted to show her that there were always bright moments, even out of the darkest tales. Maybe he didn't believe that the good outweighed the bad, but being able to have those few good moments is what kept him going - for the people that he could give those good moments.

He finished the story with her sorting into his house. "I believe that she will really prove an asset to my house. Her independent streak stretches out forever and her love of horses won't hurt her either. I can't wait until I see what she does with my Defense classes." Godric announced. One thing was for certain, Kimberly would never need to worry about her past coming back to hunt her down, considering the skills he would teach her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Godric Gryffindor - 10-18-2022, 10:08 AM