Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric, slowly recovering from her shocking revelation, ordered himself a third drink and started in on it while she explained that she already knew about Helga's talent and why she hadn't asked for lessons of her own just quite yet. It made perfect sense to him and was rather considerate about his friend's already overloaded schedule, something he appreciated. While Helga liked to help and work hard, sometimes she took that to the extreme. It was a worrisome trait, one that she had based her house on. He just hoped that not all of her students would end up that way and burn out early in the year to live up to their Founder's expectations.

While he probably could have expressed this, he really wasn't in the mood. The nodding of his head while she had explained should have been enough for her to understand how he felt.

The next question she posed tended to be a dangerous one with Godric. He had, indeed, seen exciting and thrilling things; sights that most people would not have and battles that no person should have to. There had been brushes with danger and death on numerous occasions, sights that would take your breath away, and nights around the campfire spent with stories and laughter to try and chase away the darkness. This morning, he'd already had a close enough brush with those bad memories he worked so hard to keep at bay.

Well, if he had to, he'd just have to drink a bit more tonight to make it through. He didn't have a lot of money on him but if he had to pay his tab tomorrow (after borrowing a bit off of Salazar), the tender knew Godric would come back and pay. Not like he could go anywhere to escape to dodge the bill and the guy behind the bar knew it. Not exactly a comfortable experience, having to borrow off of his friend, but he knew that, while a lecture would be forthcoming, so would the money. While maybe Helga wouldn't lecture so much, Godric felt guilty about asking her for money. She had a family to support, after all, as did Rowena. Salazar, on the other hand, was free of such responsibility and would spare a bit if Godric was desperate.

"There were many interesting experiences one could have while out on the road. Not only was I out for my brothers but the last ten years, I've also been hunting the isle for students," he said, wanting to focus on the better times.

"One time, I was after a young boy whose name had been passed on to me by a friend of a friend of a friend of my late father." Godric smiled at the memory. "The lad seemed to have extraordinary luck in everything he'd done and people were starting to get suspicious of him. In fact, when I arrived, there was a mob at the edge of his village, preparing to confront the family about the matter.

"It wasn't going to be the easiest job. Unfortunately, he was an only child so the case of sneaking him out dressed like a sister, as I have had to do before, was out of the question. I also couldn't pass him off as one of the other brothers, slipping him out of reach in time. His mother was so occupied with trying to purge their family home of anything magical to save their lives as she, too, was one of us. It certainly was a desperate hour where quick wits was required.

"Honestly, we should have sent Rowena as she would have been better for the situation. She has a way of spinning words to make people question exactly what they think and believe and would have turned it into a much simpler exchange. I'm afraid I wasn't at top form and finding a solution eluded me for a few desperate minutes."

Godric paused, suddenly realizing that if he finished the story, it would reveal more about his abilities than he cared to. Why the hell had he started this story! Dammit! If he'd been stone sober, he would have found another - maybe the one about Kimberly, which was endearing but less exciting. This was the one that had been his finest hour, if he did say so himself.

This gave him the opportunity to stop though and see if she was entranced or bored with the story. He could play it down easily, give half of it if she was bored but still come out looking like a little hero instead of what he'd actually done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Godric Gryffindor - 10-13-2022, 02:12 PM