Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
So much for things staying on a positive note Astrid thought as she watched Godric glance around the bar and not in a protective way. Almost as though the sudden topic had him on edge and in need of an escape. Why would he unless of course he was of a similar mind as a good number of the trading post residence when it came to her and her family. While she didn't want to assume he would he certainly wasn't giving her the opinion of thinking any other way just now. 

Holding back on the rise to her irritation she reached for her tankard, letting her eye lower to look at it in her hand rather than the dashing and suddenly narrow minded wizard in front of her. "Indeed but I can't quite take the credit for the idea as it was them that suggested and in fact insisted I take up the position at the school" Astrid said, pausing to take a long slow pull from her tankard and as she lowered it away did she raise her gaze back in Godric's direction. "I had wanted to see about sending them to the school instead actually, while only a few of my siblings have shown signs of magical ability my parents before their passing had taught them what they could and I tried to fill in the blanks afterward. It leaves the need indeed for them to further that instruction I can agree to that. However they decided to decline the offer themselves, at least for this first year and I won't go about forcing it on them if thats what they want. My mother and I opened the clinic and shop when we came here to the trading post a few years ago and given its one of the few things we have left to remember her by I can see why they are hesitant to close it and attend school as important as an education is. By next year perhaps we can better solve a way for those of age to attend school to do so permitting they are allowed to while the others can either remain running the shop or just enjoy being children peacefully."

Astrid exhaled a sigh then took another drink nearly emptying the contents. Why had she even bothered to explain all this to him anyway? They weren't friends or even lovers as much as her heart craved them to be, so it mattered little to him about her personal situation with her siblings. It wasn't like he would care or suddenly change his way of thinking about them. Her siblings had decided things on their own, a different way of thinking perhaps then typical around here but they were different themselves. Raised in an environment where a person was valued on their deeds and spirit not gender and class. All many people saw and assumed of vikings was the more well known and bloody clans and their deeds of robbery and murder but not all of them were like that but it was pointless to try and explain that to anyone. It was too complex for anyone to understand, especially if they had been fed the stories all their lives on the villainous scoundrels of the seas and coasts.

No doubt the man across from her had encountered a few in is time hence why he was looking for an escape from being around her. Guess that explained why he was so odd around her, as fun as it was to tease him and not that she would admit filled her with day dreams of something more intimate and primal between them it seemed pointless to try and create a connect between them as friends or even as employer and employee. It certainly was enough to take the fun out of the room now. Maybe she was better off finishing her drink and getting back to school so he could parade around as he liked without her around. Certainly would give him the chance to celebrate if he managed to get himself into a drunken fight again, though if he came crawling to her for healing again she may not be as gentle as she had been last time.

She looked up as the few moments of silence was suddenly broken by Godric pressing her about where she had learned to play the lyre seated on the table beside her. Was he trying to get her to admit to her roots? Prove to the rumors and gossip that she was of viking origin or some nonsense like that? The people could think what they want, she and her family were here to live a peaceful life now and their past was none the concern for those that gossiped away behind their backs. 

"I learned it along with many things a long time ago, when we had our lives torn out from under us, left with no home, injured and broken hearted and more importantly in need of a new start we were given one along with the chance to see the world many don't get to view outside letters. I learned to play a variety of musical instruments and different styles of dancing, how to navigate by the stars and wind currents, experience different cultures and its people, and more important the vast knowledge of healing and medical varieties and information that secured me the honorary post as healer at the school" she explained carefully, a hint of something in her voice hinted at more laying beyond her words. Not that she was about to spill her life story to Godric anyway, it was fairly clear he wanted little to do with her and even her heart dreaming of having a sort of romantic or intimate entanglement between them was almost idiotic and foolish on her part. She knew better than that, men like them were all the same and absolutely didn't do anything of the sort with women like her let alone were interested more than a tussle in the sheets to satisfy primal needs. She pressed her fingers into the tankard, reminding herself to remain calm and not let her emotions show. Keeping her mask in place was more important right now for both her professional status and her siblings safety. 

Astrid exhaled a breath then downed the remainder of her tankard in a few swift gulps. Lowering it away she calmly rose to her feet. She approached the bar again, this time not quite exposing herself as stretched out and figure on display as she had the first time as she asked for another refill. "So, what about you? Any hidden musical talents or fun little abilities you enjoy doing in your free time?" she asked turning to look at Godric beside her as she waited. They were close to one another again and although it seemed the perfect way to tease him if he was truly uncomfortable around her it honestly wasn't her intent, at least not on purpose. If she happened to rattle him with so little space between them then perhaps it was deserved payback for his question earlier. He may have spoiled her fun but he wasn't about to ruin her drink tonight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Astrid Gudrun - 10-08-2022, 12:58 AM