Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid couldn't deny his compliment had fluttered something a bit in her chest, though it had her cautious if he was attempting to get under her guard again by it. It wasn't often she heard one so open and honest sounded, especially from someone not fully drowning in drinks and hoping to butter her up enough to see if she was worth the drunken compliment. It was a common thing in a tavern and no doubt the serving wenches had more than their fill of wandering hands and lewd comments and suggestions. Would detour most women from coming all together but she knew what she was doing and knew well how to handle a wandering hand if it journeyed where it didn't need to be.

She took a drink from her tankard as he seemed to ease into the topic of her family. Covering a curious raise of her eyebrow when she turned slightly to set her tankard back down. She hadn't expected he would be curious on the matter though she wasn't sure just how much about her had been discussed between the four founders. Rowena knew the most of it as far as what could be publicly known. Her parents both having passed on and as the eldest she was caring for her siblings until they came of age to look after themselves. No doubt it was a little odd given most of the time it was the eldest male that was head of the family but she brushed that custom aside, regardless of gender she was the eldest and as such was in charge of her family. She had promised her father, both of them as well as her mother she would look out for them and thats exactly what she intended to do. 

"My younger siblings" Astrid said after she turned back to face him and answering his posed question. With a fluid motion, she gracefully crossed one of her legs over the other letting herself get a bit more comfortable in the chair. "Eight of them in fact and they have quite the range of ages between them but still look to me when it comes to leading our family since my mother's passing a few years ago. With my new position up at the school its fallen to the older of them to take over our shop and clinic here at the trading post. They have a better level of people skills then I do so things are doing well and in good hands but like any older sibling I worry about them and can't help wanting to check in every now and then to make sure all is well. From experience I know even if the shop is doing well, with younger ones full of energy running through the house there is also a bit of trouble to be had as well and just like my lyre objects tend to end up the target of their outlets. Still, I can't say I would give any of them up for anything else in the world. My family is important to me and I would do anything to see to it they are happy, healthy, and safe."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Astrid Gudrun - 10-07-2022, 04:12 PM