Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Cara couldn't help but gave a small genuine smile at Apollo as the horse nuzzled her. It was an expression she didn't often make around others, not since she made the promise to herself to not lower her guard. She gave the horse a few pets along his long nose then resumed her brushing now towards his back leg and hip.

"I'd heard that in certain areas magic isn't as accepted as other places. In my old town it was just the ruling laird and his family that had magic so it was kind of a sign of wealth and power. If you had magic, you were someone of importance and should be respected. I think my father was afraid people might think I was a spy at first when my magic began to show so thats why he didn't like me to show it but the noble woman didn't and instead welcomed me as her student instead. I guess I can understand why it would scare people who haven't seen it before but unless your outright hurting people with it I don't think its something that has to be feared or cursed" she said hoping to reassure Kimberly that she didn't think their magic or the other girl were anything like the image she was describing in her story. 

It seemed like a good idea as their topic seemed to shift to archery, background discussions could get too emotional in Cara's opinion so she was glad when it shifted to something different. "It was a bit easier to learn then when I had to learn how to dress like a proper girl" she replied as she gave Apollo's side a few long brushes to complete her half of his brush down. "It took my dad a few months to figure out I was a girl not a boy but given all we had were boy clothes thats just how I dressed up until I went to live with the noble woman while learning magic. With archery I was more so self taught. At first I used a bow from our shop to try to figure out how to aim and shoot but eventually I made my own bow and even a few arrows. It wasn't the fanciest of weapons and I probably need a few lessons on how to properly make one to suit my skills better but its served me well enough to get me here and put my life in my own hands." Cara glanced back over her shoulder for a moment at the carved bow on her back. 

She looked down at Apollo's legs and hooves, an almost automatic glance over to see how he was balancing on his feet and from what she could see he shifted a little back and forth as if something was a little discomforting. "Would you be alright if I checked under his hooves? He seems to be shifting his weight and might just have as stone or small stick wedged in the bottom causing a little annoyance to him?" Cara asked as she looked over at Kimberly on the other side of the horse. "I used to do this often at home so I'll be careful and gentle. I just can't stand the idea of such a sweet guy being bothered by something potentially stuck in his foot." She hoped it was reassuring to the other girl that she wanted the older horse to be just as happy and comfortable as she did. He deserved it from the subtle sounds of the journey the two had been through.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 01-02-2023, 08:34 PM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 04-04-2024, 01:08 PM