Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly)
Student

63 Posts
1 Threads
Undisclosed

Apollo nuzzled Cara knowing that she seemed like a really good person. He was happy that his owner had found a friend that could be there for her like that. Kimberly saw that and smiled knowing that it was going to be nice here. This was one step in making it worthwhile for her to stay at the school and learn more. “He is a good boy.  We were lucky to have found each other in this time in life. I know that father would have put him down since he was getting to old to help with any of the stuff he needed.” Apollo could not work on hauling all the really heavy loads of materials and things. She felt bad when she was getting on his back alone.

She paused as Kimberly described her experience with magic and it seemed like instead of finding it interesting, Cara wondered if it had instead scared Kimberly from the way she described it and the hint or so of her past. She couldn't understand what there was to be scared of about it but then again not everyone would react the same if they made a dish explode at random.

“It is great that you had someone there that could tell you what was going on with your magic. In the town that I grew up in magic was not something that was talked about. The people would look at you funny if were to even do anything out of the way. Women were supposed to dress in a proper way and then find family.” Kimberly really was not sure if they would have burned her for having magic. Her guess was yes because the church there did not like anything out of the way. Everything needed to be in its place. “I was worried that would be one of those people in the stories. The ones that people said had powers. Then they would test it and if the person made it out alive they said that proved it. If the person died the people would cheer. Then go about saying if they did make then it is gone now with them. I tried my best to hide it when I was not able to any more left. Ended up in the village where we first met.”

Kimberly heard the story and knew now she really wanted to help Cara find her way to the archery range. The witch wanted to see her new friend in action. Kimberly never really was good with anything other than a cooking knife. It was the only thing she had been able to sneak out of the house to protect herself. That is part of why when Godric said she learned so much by coming here she was excited. “Was archery hard to learn? The one that brought me here said that I would work on learning to defend myself. I don’t believe he meant going to actually pick up a sword and start swinging it. There are other ways to defend yourself. It is great that you are getting to learn more about the gift you have.” Kimberly now wonders if she ever sees it as a gift and not a curse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by Kimberly - 01-02-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 04-04-2024, 01:08 PM