Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Cara moved the brush with a gentle but productive touch. While she wasn't as familiar with the horse as Kimberly was she wanted to show at least a good level of respect and care as if she did know Apollo that well. Animals were a lot more honest and open when you showed them you had no ill intent, at least thats what she had come to learn after helping her father with the dozen or so animals that came to their blacksmith shop. "He seems like a good soul, your lucky to have found one another given its not easy to find such a thing so easily." Cara said reassuringly.

She paused as Kimberly described her experience with magic and it seemed like instead of finding it interesting, Cara wondered if it had instead scared Kimberly from the way she described it and the hint or so of her past. She couldn't understand what there was to be scared of about it but then again not everyone would react the same if they made a dish explode at random. 

"The noble woman told me stuff like that is what happens with untrained magic in people during emotional situations and thats why its important to learn as soon as magic starts to make an appearance on how to learn about it and control it. I don't think I ever made a plate explode but I would sometimes find when I was really happy, my work in the forge would come out nearly perfect. My father wasn't too happy about it when it happened, said it was a crime to the craft to have outside help and I was often forbidden from using it while I worked. Problem though as you may know was that you can't really control when it happens so I often got scolded quite a bit when it would happen. I eventually found a better outlet with my archery, using that to try and direct my power with it instead of my work in the forge" Cara said as she resumed brushing. Why she was sharing her story she wasn't fully sure. While she wasn't planning on getting to know or make friends here, Kimberly was a bit different from the others. As bad as it sounded in her head the other girl sort of reminded her of a timid animal then a person so maybe thats why she wasn't filled with a feeling to push her away as she did with other people. It didn't fully make sense in her mind but maybe with time she could figure it out.

"My archery is actually how the noble woman who taught me a little before sending me here found me. We have an annual archery contest in our village her family puts on every year but this was going to be the last year since she was letting her son take over for her late husband. I entered despite my father not approving of my archery or my reason for entering. The winner receives a wish for anything they want and mine at the time was to learn more about the magic gift I was trying to understand. I won't bore you with the contest details but I ended up winning the contest with some appearance and maybe help from my magic. Since I didn't have a home to return to, the noble woman granted my wish to learn more on top of letting me stay in her home in exchange for some light work. I wasn't there for too long before she learned through her friend Lady Hufflepuff about the school and the two decided I should come here to learn instead. I wasn't fully thrilled with the idea but I suppose I have to have faith they know whats best for my education." 

There was a small note of bitterness in her tone at the end of her story but Cara didn't show any expressions on her face to confirm anything as she continued to work the brush along Apollo's shoulder and side. She hadn't approved of the steps that had brought her here but it was too late to do anything about her past now. Instead she would just have to makes sure her future was one solely in her control and one no one else could take control of from her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 01-02-2023, 03:17 PM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 04-04-2024, 01:08 PM