Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Cara agreed with Kimberly's compromise to coming to the school no doubt far from where ever she had come from. Having someone nearby in an unfamiliar place to give you a sense of security and stability would help when everything was so new and scary. It was understandable and it seemed the other girl wanted to look after her companion on her own rather than leave them to the care of whoever was taking charge of the stables, another good quality not often found in people at least none that Cara had met before coming to the school.

While it was overall a good idea, it wasn't something she herself had done. Simple matter was that Cara didn't have anyone like that, at least someone like a animal companion. She hadn't the chance to make one back at the noblewoman's home and before that her work as a blacksmith did enable her to get along with the assortment of horses that came by for reshoeing they were not hers to create a bond with. She got well enough along with animals, finding she liked their company a bit more then people. Maybe once she finished school and got out to finding her own path for her life she could make a friend in a beast, they at least would be honest right in the beginning with her instead of people in her past.

Realizing her mind was drifting off topic she gave her head a small shake and returned her focus back to Kimberly beside her. The girl had been nice and friendly since they had met in the trading post. Someone that seemed honest hearted though still kept her secrets guarded. Not that Cara could fault her for that, she herself was doing the same thing. Still, she hadn't earned the ire of her hate of people so she lowered her guard just a bit and offered a small but friendly smile.

"Very noble and honorable of you to do. I'm sure your companion appreciates the visits as much as the care from you personally given its a new place for the both of you. Its not easy being in a new place, for human or animal so finding comfort in your visit must be just as helpful for your horse as it is for you. I admit I'm a bit jealous you have such a connection to come visit when you need it. Perhaps in time I could find a friend like myself and not feel as nervous with everything so new and unfamiliar while being surrounded by unknown faces and people" Cara replied politely.

She turned to look ahead, spotting not to much farther in the distance a building that would fit the purpose of a stable. She hadn't seen much in the way of an archery range so it looked like her second option to help out a horse or two would be the choice to using the remaining free time before their next class.

"Looks like we managed to find the stables or at least I hope it is. Sometimes its hard to tell from the outside but maybe once we get inside we can find out for sure" She said as she pointed to the building not far ahead of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 10-15-2022, 07:04 PM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 04-04-2024, 01:08 PM