Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making Myself Presentable (Astrid)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric hadn't heard anyone come in, too curious about the potion that was unaffected by the poke of his wand or any of the other revealing magic he'd attempted on it. Then again, there were just some potions that were impervious to magic once they were created. Nothing to be done with them other than clean it up and continue on - something he had been considering doing just to get rid of the smell when the voice startled him. He quickly straightened up, pivoting towards the sound with his wand at the ready in case of trouble. Of course, the sword at his side knocked into the cabinet and knocked another potion off the shelf behind him.

"I'll, um..." He then noticed that it was the healer Rowena had hired. Slowly he began to take stock of the room around him. With a sheepish look at her, he grimaced. "I would have cleaned it up." He insisted, though he was certain that after the way he saw things had been arranged, Godric knew that he would never have been able to put it to rights the way she would have wanted it.

When she told him where the dittany was, he turned back and followed her directions to find it rather quickly. Now he felt a bit of the fool for not having found it sooner. It was rather nicely labeled after all. He had just given up the search a bit earlier than he should have or else he would have found it on his own. Likely quickly enough to clean up some of this at least to her satisfaction.

"Oh," he remembered, switching hands and pointing his wand at the bubbly mess and cleaned it up with barely a thought. The spot on the floor was spotless. While many would be surprised that he knew his way around cleaning charms, Helga hadn't just taught him how to improve the food he cooked on the road. He also had to make sure his spoons, kettle, spit, etc were clean before he could use them. Thus, he knew how to clean items rather well and it seemed that scourgify worked just as well on the floor as it did on cutlery and pots. Who would have thought!

Of course, the girls would have thought him a fool for not knowing that already but when one did not have to use spells in certain ways, it was hard to know what would work before you did it. And why not test out the chance when he could have the chance to show off that he wasn't completely incompetent?

"Come here dittany, you beautiful potion you." He said gleefully, moving out of the way. "I couldn't find anything for the black eye though and I know the essence of dittany doesn't work on that. Have you anything for it?" He questioned, knowing that without something that would take away the bruising, he would still look a rather gruesome sight but it would be better without the limp or the split lip. While Healer Gudrun could likely handle the cut on his lip, he doubted she would want him to strip enough to take care of the slice on his hip. That might be a bit too much for the young woman, considering how far he would have to lower his trousers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making Myself Presentable (Astrid) - by Godric Gryffindor - 01-04-2022, 12:37 AM
- - by HenryDuH - 07-31-2023, 02:44 AM