Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric sneered at her accusation of him twisting her words. She was the one who had walked out on him! How could she possibly say that he was the one causing all the trouble. When he'd called her beautiful, she'd blown it out of proportion because she couldn't take a damn compliment! She could have called him handsome and he certainly wouldn't have walked away. He would have thanked her. That's what people did when you gave them a compliment!

And of course she didn't understand why they couldn't do this. Did he have to lay it out in simple words? Would that help? She seemed to have mastery of the English language but it likely wasn't the first she learned. And her voice was accented with the accent common to the Norse regions. Still, it seemed like she could understand him as she threw his words back in his face - and then some.

He was hurting? Ha! He was fine. He was happy! How could he not be? He was in Scotland with friends, at the start of their first school year. A decade of planning finally seeing fruition. Again, who wouldn't be happy about something like that?!

Godric grit his teeth, wanting to yell at her but that wouldn't help anything. Strangling back his temper, he shook his head simply. "I. Cannot.

"Do you know how it would look for an old man like me to be flitting around with a young woman of your age? I'm almost old enough to be your father.

"And don't tell me that it's fine; that it's part of life. I don't believe in saddling the young and beautiful with the old and infirm. It's a disgusting practice that I wouldn't allow for my own sister. Why would I try and push it onto someone else for my own pleasure?" Godric demanded.

"Second of all, I'm not certain how things work in your homeland but second sons do not marry. They either go to the church or the battlefield because they haven't the money for a wife or even a paramour. I certainly don't as what little money I have goes right into the school so that my friends and brother don't need to always cover for my debts." It was a lie. His money didn't come close to covering all the costs that he owed. He was just fortunate that his friends didn't seem to keep track of who contributed what and when and the like. Luckily, he would have summers off to make money any way that he could to try and keep up with the inheritances as well as the money that came in from their lands.

"As for self-harm," he narrowed his gaze on her, "You are one to talk. I saw you grab your shoulder but you said nothing. I kindly ignored the gesture, figuring it was a lengthy healing job that my fumbling fingers would be inadequate to deal with. My own wounds can be tended to with time. You may not be so lucky if you ignore that one - shoulders can be finicky."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chance Encounter As Planned (Godric) - by Godric Gryffindor - 11-17-2022, 09:06 PM