Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making Myself Presentable (Astrid)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric remained stoic while she nursed his black eye. This part didn't hurt even remotely so there was no need for the willow bark she had given him. While it had been a nice gesture, with the safety of the school in his hands, he could not afford to have his faculties compromised by anything. Not once students were present. His friends, he knew, could defend themselves. His sister could handle a dagger in a pinch but now that he would have people depending on him - this woman included, he refused to let any of them down.

Yes, okay. The wards had been tested repeatedly and were holding strong but who knew what could happen when. Letting his guard down was when bad things happened. Look at what had happened to his brother-in-law! No, as long as he was alive, nothing would disrupt the safety of the students here. And he knew Salazar was looking into darker things that would long outlive their own wards and whatnot to ensure the safety of their students. He had not told the girls that yet, mostly because he knew how they would likely react. It was just better in the long run.

But until all this was fully put into place, Godric refused to risk it. Thus, when she forced the bottles into his hands, he slipped them into the pocket of his tabard. Sometime later, he would have them returned. Maybe send Gwen with them, saying he hadn't needed them after all. Anything to avoid those sharp blue eyes from giving him that firm, slightly exasperated look that he interpreted he was being an idiot. (He knew the look far too well, having seen it quite often in his life.)

When she asked if that was all, he nodded a bit dumbly, uncertain as to what he should say now. He had already apologized for the mess (or had he?) Hmmm, hard to remember, with all that had happened. Well, there was one way to make it up. And pay her back for making him take the potions. Nevermind that she thought it was in his best interest to do so. "No, I believe that will be all, Healer Gudrun. You are quite good at what you do, though perhaps it might be best to avoid using that purple potion on the younger children as you haven't an assistant to hold them down." He advised, reaching into his other pocket and taking out a galleon. It was his last one but let it never be said that he did not pay his debts.

"Here, to make up for the missing supplies." He set it down on the table to keep her from trying to give it back. "If you will excuse me, I need to go..." Realizing that what he had just said was probably ridiculous in her eyes, he forced back the cringe he was feeling. He needed to get away from those probing eyes and tender fingers and the memory of her fingers touching him. It was the first time a woman not related to him had touched him in years and he felt like a stripling page again, spying on girls bathing down in the river.

"Again, you have my thanks." And then he skirted around her and took long strides to escape the place before he could make a bigger fool of himself than he had already done. So maybe the look that said he was an idiot wasn't quite so out of place after all...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making Myself Presentable (Astrid) - by Godric Gryffindor - 01-04-2022, 10:39 PM
- - by HenryDuH - 07-31-2023, 02:44 AM