Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instruction Begins (Kimberly)
Professor

73 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
"Oh, I don't doubt that he thought it was in my best interest. He just turned out to be wrong as to what I needed and did not need." Gwen laughed merrily, taking a look around the room for the young woman's other dress. Seeing it hanging up, she walked over and ran her fingers over it. After a moment, she turned back to really study Kimberly with intense scrutiny, as though trying to figure out something that was rather difficult.

When Kimberly asked about the cloak, Gwen finally nodded, relieved that she had brought her small trunk of clothing. Yes, this girl would definitely need some. Both dresses had seen better days and simply would not do. There seemed to be holes in the one she was wearing and it was so threadbare that it was nearly see-through in a few spots.

"Oh, it is just a cloak with the crest of Hogwarts on the back. We will have to find you some dresses in my trunk. You want to look your best, don't you?" Before the young woman could say anything about it, Gwen was moving over to the open case, crouching down beside it in order to begin rooting through in search of the right dresses. "And don't start thinking about cost. These are some of my old dresses that we are going to alter so that it will fit you. Should not take long. I can do it with plenty of time to spare before classes start. We'll just need to have you try them on and pin them to the right size." Gwen assured.

Kimberly would not be the first person to receive her old gowns, after all. With the money from Shelton's estate, she could afford a few new dresses every so often. The old ones never had time to wear out so she simply gave them to those in need. Fortunately, she'd had plenty from the year before Lora was born and since she'd only worn black for the last year and a half...

Gwen looked back up at Kimberly, canting her head to the side as if to consider if any of her nicer black dresses would fit the girl. While black was the color of mourning and tended to be reserved for that, surely it would be better than a threadbare dress that would make the young woman feel inferior to some of the richer students who would hopefully be in attendance. If nothing else, perhaps Lady Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff could magically change the color. How hard could it be, really?

Yes, that was the ticket. She would fit two black dresses and hope that one of her brother's friends could fix it because otherwise, the black would completely wash Kimberly's pale skin out, making her look like someone really had died.

It was short work reaching to the bottom of the chest and pulling out three carefully-folded overdresses that were rather wrinkling and perhaps a bit plain but that was something easily fixed. From somewhere else, she rooted out a dark grey underdress that would likely serve triple duty. However, with the right colors, a bit of trim, and they would do marvelously.

Gwen stood slowly, shaking the three dresses out. They would definitely need to be steamed to get all the wrinkles out but that was something else she was capable of doing for herself. Holding them so Kimberly could see them, she smiled. "I know that they aren't much to look at right now but I give you my word; by the time they are done, you will look quite stunning - even if I have to dye them by hand myself!" Well, more likely, pay someone else to do it as she didn't know how to do such things but she would gladly spare the coin to give Kimberly a boost to her self esteem. Gwen was a firm believer that the right clothes truly made the person.

Messages In This Thread
Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Gwen Moore - 12-31-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Kimberly - 01-04-2022, 06:16 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Gwen Moore - 01-04-2022, 06:32 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Kimberly - 01-05-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Gwen Moore - 01-05-2022, 05:30 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Kimberly - 01-13-2022, 02:17 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Gwen Moore - 01-13-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Kimberly - 01-13-2022, 08:18 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Gwen Moore - 01-14-2022, 04:51 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Kimberly - 01-17-2022, 01:47 PM
RE: Instruction Begins (Kimberly) - by Gwen Moore - 01-17-2022, 07:49 PM