Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders)
Founder

46 Posts
4 Threads
Undisclosed

All Accounts Posts: 173
While Salazar had a point that blood was a far stronger binder to magic, a contract in itself if you will, Rowena couldn't help the slight narrowing of her eyes. It was oh so tempting to agree with him because his reasoning was sound just misguided. She wondered if that was his weird mother's doing. She had only met the woman on a handful of occasions over the years, and each time she struck her as odd and strangely not to be trusted. Considering she's the one responsible for doing to Salazar what he had ultimately done to her, she could understand the feeling.

However, she couldn't just agree with him. The principle of the thing was that they trusted those that worked for them, otherwise they wouldn't have carefully selected and hired them in the first place. Each one of them vetted each employee based on the needs of the school. There was a reason it was a fleet of house elves handling the kitchens and cleaning the castle instead of humans after all. Humans couldn't be trusted to do nearly as good of a job in those areas and still maintain loyalty to the school.

When Helga and then Godric seemed to disagree with Salazar, Rowena knew what her choice had to be. She didn't want to cause a tie and thus more contention than it was worth at the moment. Besides, it was something they could revisit at some point later on in the future.

"Though dear Salazar is correct that blood magic is by far the strongest and most binding magic, I agree with Godric that we don't need that level of dedication from those in our employ just yet," she said trying to be slightly diplomatic. "This is still quite a new venture and should it fail despite our individual and combined determination for it to succeed, I do not wish to shackle others to the ruins so to speak."

"I think we can suitably weave an enchantment strong enough for our purposes utilizing some of the ink that Lady Moore has prepared for us, and double bind it to the roll of parchment we will use," she said thoughtfully as if she had given this more than just a momentary twirl in her brilliant mind. She didn't want her friends to feel completely inferior after all. "Though this also brings up another project I had in mind, that I seem to have forgotten until this moment."

Rowena's cheeks flushed slightly. She wasn't prone to forgetfulness often and it physically showed in this case. "I was contemplating the problem of future students. How would we know who to invite to study here after this inaugural term? A bit silly, I know to be thinking of such things when we cannot see a full forecast of the future for the school itself, but I simply couldn't help it. If this is to be our legacy far after we've gone, then we need to ensure that no magical child gets left to fade away," she said, turning her gaze from her best friend to Godric and finally letting her blue eyes rest on Salazar.

Rather famously, the other founder known for his intellect was also known to harbor a certain proclivity toward those pure of magical blood over those who had no choice in their parentage, whereas Rowena though she understood his point, was very much in favor of also protecting and teaching those with unfortunate births, after all, they did not choose their parents but still deserved to learn to use their gifts.

"As such, I was toying with the idea of another enchantment, this time woven into a special tome and quill, a magical ledger if you will," she said, smiling a bit slyly now as the pinkness in her cheeks faded and gave way to her vanity. "Something to list each child in Europe born with magic. It would be a great undertaking, something not easily accomplished to be sure but I worthy challenge of our considerable skills combined, not simply my own brilliant mind. I suppose I am unsure of how to accomplish this feat of magic just yet and thus ask for your opinions on the matter."

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by Rowena Ravenclaw - 08-01-2022, 01:25 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 06:27 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 03:25 PM