Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
"Come now, I'm not talking about trying new spells out on them." Godric forced back a sigh. He'd known that this would be Helga's reaction but he had to try. "Fair competition is healthy in all aspects of life. It's also quite natural, as young people will always try to one up each other.

"Why, when I was a page, there was nothing but competition between us. Who could polish our knight's saddle better or who could come out with the sharpest weapons? It made us want to be better students, not just for the praise or the better rations but also the pride in a job well done. I doubt I would be half the knight I am today were in not for that." He tried to reason with her. "I believe it's encouraging them to give us their best selves, make them want to strive for praise and attention.

"Maybe the rewards not be over the top - a special treat now and then or a trip into the trading post. Even if it's just privileges earned with good behavior. Yes, sometimes competition can bring the worst out in people but I don't see it in every situation. But that's just my opinion. If you others believe it unacceptable, I shall simply implement it in my own house and be done with the matter altogether."

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by Godric Gryffindor - 06-28-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 06:27 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 03:25 PM