Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders)
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Helga smiled as Godric followed her instructions, her eyes closing so she couldn't see the look of amazement on his face but she could tell by his tone of voice as he spoke that he was rather impressed. "House elves are a strong magical race, they often are not given the credit they deserve when it comes to magical skill and the amount of discipline they have while using magic. I couldn't have asked for better staff to help me work some magic in the kitchen" she said with a touch of pride and joy. Opening her eyes, she looked at Godric as he filled his goblet then down at her own as she gave a small subtle shake of her head. "They have been made aware of your fondness for midnight snacks as well so should you find yourself peckish during the night just stop by the kitchens and they should have something for you and Rhona."

She looked at Godric again, her mind needing a few more minutes then usual to make sense of what he was saying they should do since no one seemed to be in the mood for charades. Helga turned to Rowena as she spoke about an experiment while the area around her best friend went hazy. Lastly it was Salazar who managed to add the last touch to help her mind piece together what they were all discussing now though she couldn't help but notice their were two Salazars seated across from her now. Had there always been two of him and she just had never noticed?

Well she could worry about it later, the more pressing matter she realized was what they all seemed to be proposing and she slightly firm shake of her head causing the room to spin a bit. She closed her eyes again hoping it would help the feeling pass and softly folded her arms across her chest. "Well, I don't like it one bit. Competition and experiments between us is one thing but I don't like having to involve our students. What does it matter if they like or don't like to do what I do? I wasn't all for this separating of students based on our separate ideals and traits. What does it matter if they are strongly courageous or cleverly witty? Isn't it better we embrace the students as they are for their strengths and challenges regardless if they share those traits with us or now? I could very well have someone who hates charms in my house but excels in potions or Rowena you could have someone who decides to toss aside the books and charge head first into reckless danger. People are unexpected and sometimes they have talents they don't always express right away and the sorting hat while it did seem to do just what we enchanted it to do, just finds their strongest match but that doesn't mean its the only match. Its just where it finds the place they will find the most support to grow regardless in what exactly they decide to grow and strengthen in. We should be encouraging them to learn and grow as a team together not competing as separate parties like one is better then the others" Helga explained, her tone of voice hinting that her mood had suddenly shifted again and it wasn't happy. Yet there was a little obvious note of a slur to some of her words and an inner Helga hoped her friends would take note of her drunken state and forgive her for causing them the trouble again. She probably shouldn't have had any more wine given how tired she was but it was too late to turn back now.

Opening her eyes, Helga looked at her goblet where she had set it on the table, unable to look up at anyone at the moment. It was clear it was going to take some strong convincing to change her mind, regardless of her slightly drunken state currently. She was strongly for equality and fairness, not just for the many magical races but for everyone in general. While competition did sometimes help boost people to work harder at doing their best she had seen one too many times the negative side of what competition did to people and it wasn't something she liked to see. The students were here to learn and trusted them to teach them what they needed, not pit them against one another because they wanted to see who was better or displayed their houses traits the strongest.

"I wont stop you all from your fun but I won't be part of it and I'm highly against involving our students as well. Making them compete with one another, thats just asking for trouble not to mention it brings out the worst in some people when they think they have something to gain from competition. Not to mention it makes those of stronger spirit pick on those weaker for their own personal gain instead of offering a hand to help them out. Thats not the lesson I want students to grasp at while they are here and I hope you all don't either." She added, then reaching for her goblet she waved her wand at the wineskin and poured more into her cup to about halfway before lowering the wineskin back down to the table. Helga settled back in her chair, far and deep enough back into the cushions that just the tips of her toes touched the floor and she fought back the very subtle urge to swing her feet back and forth under her chair as she took a long slow drink of wine from her goblet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by Helga Hufflepuff - 06-26-2022, 07:48 AM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 06:27 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 03:25 PM