Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN)
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Helga was a little stunned his brother would be arriving so soon but then she wasn't sure how long ago Merrick had written to his brother or it was his brothers decision to come so suddenly. It had her curious as to how much help they could be to him here. Losing anyone important in your life was not something so easily recovered from. Even the strongest had their moments of weakness when they were facing the heavy weight of losing a close friend. It drove at her a bit more to see to it his brother was welcomed to the school, whatever method she had to use to convince Salazar and Rowena to allow him to come then it was only a matter of letting him heal in his own way but making sure he was always full of her cooking would help the process a bit more however he decided to recover.

She offered a smile as he explained his brothers favorite meal followed by his sister not quite approved of coming to school just yet by their father's insistence. Helga didn't take offence to it, fathers were a little more protective of their daughters and more so when they were the youngest of their siblings. Gweneth though not the baby out of their siblings was still the apple of their fathers eye and it took a great deal of convincing before he would let her get married not that long ago. He loved all his children equally but there was usually one in particular that bonded well with a parent and Gweneth had been that to their father while Gerallt had connected with their mother a bit more than the rest. Helga was fine with the relationship she had with her siblings as well as her parents, it was balanced for the most part with a few individual adjustments depending on the person and she was hopeful her own children would embrace such an opinion too, they had been through a tough situation when their father died but seemed to still be in good spirits.

"Rabbit stew with potatoes and carrots I believe I can make happen as much as he would like it. Consider it his first meal when he arrives as a way to welcome him to the school" Helga replied with a warm smile. "In fact that was one of the first cooking lessons I gave to Godric so he could something I bit more edible out on the road. I dare say the following letter after that meal he was very thankful for asking for the lesson and wanted a few more" Helga said with a smile, then jumped lightly and glanced at the door for a second before looking back at Merrick. "Forgive me, I don't know if he wanted me to say that or not. Don't tell him I said something or he might get a bruise to that tough guy ego of his." she added. As much as Godric seemed to have fun with cooking she didn't want to detour him from continuing it if he wasn't too keen on people knowing about it. He seemed to enjoy it and she didn't want him to give it up for the sake of image or masculinity. Cooking was for everyone and so long as you didn't misuse it for ill purposes it was open for everyone. There was nothing better rewarding to a cook then seeing happy moods, full stomachs, and empty plates after all. A sign of a job well done.

Messages In This Thread
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Merrick Raine - 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Helga Hufflepuff - 03-21-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 10:02 AM