Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN)
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Helga had tried to sit calmly and enjoy the unscheduled break and snack, the bread was indeed tasty and went ok with the wine but the longer she sat the louder and harder her mind buzzed at her she still had a list of things to do and only a few hours left to complete them. Yes, she did have the help of the house elves and no doubt they would be fine taking care of it but she just couldn't give up the need to get her hands dirty too and help. 

She had eaten at least two slices of the bread and half her goblet of wine, hoping that was enough to at least ease the worry from her friend's shoulder a little bit. Helga looked at Godric, wondering if her tease had done anything when she caught sight of something on his face for just a split second. She didn't need to be fully rested and alert to notice something not normally present on one of her friends and defiantly didn't belong there if she had her way. Yet, before she could ask he quickly excused himself and left the room. 

"G-Godric!" Helga called out but he had already rounded the doorway. "Oh bother, sometimes I forget how quick on his feet he can be when he wants to be. Guess I will need to tell him later." She resisted exhaling a sigh, not wanting to make a fuss out of it. Godric had possibly just needed some time to himself or he remembered something important and needed to go take care of it. At some point she knew he would be tattling to Rowena about what happened, needing to include it if he was already going to get her help with enchanting the candles as normally Helga would have taken care of it on her own. His words had all but declared he would see to the task of the candles and she wasn't to try and take care of it herself, instead go on with the next task on her list. Still, the look on his face had worried her and she wondered if she could press him about it later or if it would be better to let it go. 

Not wanting to ignore Merrick any further than she had, Helga turned to him and gave him a smile. He had thanked her for giving him the chance to enchant the ceiling but really, it was them that should be thanking him for putting what was maybe the best finishing touch on the grand hall. 

"Your most welcome Sir Raine. Thank you as well for giving us a piece of yourself and your work to display here for all who come here to enjoy. For generations, your piece will be viewed by wizard and witch alike. I could think of no better way to leave your mark on the world then what wonders you have created here and the knowledge you will gift the students through your lessons. But don't think its the only mark you can leave on the world, there is no limit to how much we can do, so don't let it stop you from putting more out there if thats what you would like to do." she said then slightly raised her goblet up with a smile to toast Merrick and his hard work. "Another toast to you Sir Merrick! I am very delighted and overjoyed that you decided to come here and help us teach students for as long as your willing to stay. And for putting what I think is the best feature for this room and maybe the castle. But don't let Rowena know or she will get a little mad at me for playing favorites."  Helga smiled again, hoping her words at the end had sounded like a soft joke she was intending them to be. Though, she wouldn't put it past her best friend to be a little annoyed and a touch jealous she hadn't thought of the idea. There was plenty more for Rowena to think up though, no doubt if Godric was going to seek her out to handle the candles, her friend would make them be dancing in the air or at least close enough to that.

Messages In This Thread
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Merrick Raine - 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Helga Hufflepuff - 03-17-2022, 12:53 AM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 10:02 AM