Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN)
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
"Yes mother Godric" Helga said with a soft grin and carefully took a seat on one of the long benches. "You'll pick it up eventually, with time you'll find a way to connect to the students in your own way and show them you can be a big tough guy but still have a soft giant of a heart." 

She watched as her friend seemed to be measuring the length of the room by relighting and hovering a few candles. It was as if he had read her mind on the task and no doubt knowing she would make sure it was done before dinner in just under a few hours now. 

"There are roughly 250 candles in each of the crate, making 500 I used for the example just a moment ago. I think if we space them out a little better then I did that might be just enough to provide light for the room while not obscuring the ceiling from view but if you think we need more I believe there was one more crate of them in the store room. 

Though I imagine if we use all of the supply candles for this, as marvelous as it will be to see and if we enchant them to never melt or burn away, I don't think Rowena or Salazar would appreciate us using up the supply on the first day of school. We have a few tall floor length candelabras in the store room we can use at the head table to give us enough light and spare having to hover the candles over there and we can send out an order for more candles to the trading post to see if they can craft them but if not we may need to send the request out to the port for more before the other two have a panic attack we don't have any candles for the rest of the castle" Helga explained.

As she watched him work with the candles another idea took form in her mind as she looked at the row of floating candles. With a smile she raised her wand, giving it a little twirl followed by a flick and the candles began to rise and fall in slow motion and slightly off timed from one another. Like an ocean wave of water the candles made a wave motion in the air as they rose and fell slowly in a roll over and over. Smiling with a hint of guilt she tucked her wand away in her pocket, knowing if she was bound to get it taken from her hand by force if she did any more magic without taking a much needed rest for a while.

Messages In This Thread
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Merrick Raine - 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Helga Hufflepuff - 03-15-2022, 01:26 AM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 10:02 AM