Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric didn't grimace when Merrick admitted that he hadn't said anything to the others yet. Technically, now that it had been brought to his attention, it was going to be his responsibility to do so. Then again, there was no guarantee Maximus would want to travel that far...

He snorted internally. Of course the man would. Maximus was well studied and if he thought there was a book out there that he hadn't read but would be of some important knowledge, he'd likely travel to the ends of the earth for the promised reward.

And yes, he knew how it felt to lose a companion in battle. They both did. He didn't know how it had affected Merrick but the man still seemed as merry as ever. And Godric put up a good enough front that no one ever knew the damage it had done to him to lose companion after companion. His brother-in-law had been a particularly hard blow to take, simply because he'd had to take the news home to his sister about the matter. And then lie to her and say that it had been in battle instead of by Shelton's own hand when he'd been cursed with lycanthropy.

So that meant bringing to to his friends' attentions and finding something for Maximus to do around the castle that wasn't too taxing and would let the man heal, if such a thing was possible.

"I understand your concern, my friend. Let me think on it a while before I take it to the others. If it were my decision alone, I would, of course, find a place for him but when it comes to a member of the staff, I cannot operate unilaterally. Not even for you.

"However, I will find a way to convince them if necessary. For your sake and his. This is supposed to be a sanctuary for all wizard-kind and I will just have to remind them of that. And learning never does stop, even at our age. Even if we have to fix him in the library, setting it up properly, there will be a place." It was a foolish promise but a necessary one. They needed their Astronomy teacher. Merrick was the most qualified wizard Godric knew for the task. It was why he'd asked him in the first place. For the sake of one, they would just have to make room for the other.

And if it brought Moira...

Messages In This Thread
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Merrick Raine - 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Godric Gryffindor - 03-13-2022, 07:39 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 10:02 AM