Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN)
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric clapped Merrick on the shoulder. "The kids will likely be in too much awe of seeing it so clearly. How many do you really think had had the opportunity to actually sit out and study the stars in any setting? People are always so busy, trying to make lives for themselves that they just don't notice the beauty right above them. I'll bet it's the first thing they notice when they walk in and if not, it's because they are blind.

"I know it'll keep my interest." He reassured his friend. "And I dunno...luring that baron's daughter into the stables with you was some pretty smooth talking. While this is magnificent, she was rather reserved. The fact you talked her into it..." Godric gave a booming laugh. The talk that all knights engaged in - they all did it; talked of their conquests on and off the battlefield. And sometimes, things got a little exaggerated but if that was the case, then so be it. Who was really the wiser? He knew he'd done some of his own, from time to time.

When Merrick went on to mention Maximus, Godric became a little more reserved. They were switching to business, which meant the sober, serious man who had been given charge of a quarter of this castle. He nodded as Merrick explained what he'd done, he pulled his hand away from the man's shoulder to consider the proposal.

Yes, he agreed that Moira should be at the castle. The Raines were a prominent wizarding family and having not only one of their children on the staff but their youngest and only daughter as a student...definitely a feather in their cap. It was just the fact that with Moira came Maximus. While Godric had no issue with his friend's brother, the man was so staid and reserved; hardened by the wars he had fought. It was something that Godric could relate to a personal level and yet, the two had never really clicked the few times their paths had crossed. All of their interactions had been filled with forced civility, because that was what was expected of two noble sons.

Still, Moira was the key here and if it made Merrick happier to have his brother close, then Godric couldn't blame him. And it was a rather good ruse to get the man here. There were few other reasons that Maximus would come this far.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "That's the nice thing about being a sibling, huh. Knowing the exact point of pressure to push to get the other to do what you want, eh? Well, if he comes, then he comes. However, have you talked to the others about your brother working here? What would he even do? I could always use help with defense but from what I understand, that's an area where Maximus is having difficulties. If you want him to heal..."

Messages In This Thread
The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Merrick Raine - 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by Godric Gryffindor - 03-13-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM
RE: The Enchanted Ceiling (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 10:02 AM