Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy is the Head (Astrid)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Rowena was right, as was her mother and extended adopted family on the matters of a wand. She knew that herself, knew it but hadn't quite understood it or else she was ignoring it. Perhaps because it hadn't been with her fathers wand she had gained her revenge. She hadn't satisfied that piece of her past by not using his wand but her own sword instead. Astrid wasn't all that sure on the matter of revenge and anyone she asked didn't give her a clear enough story when they felt comfortable doing so. It was simply a mystery on what she should be feeling after getting revenge for her father and fellow villagers murder but at least now she was able to set it aside and not hamper her day to day life. Not this part of her life at least, it was another matter for her other half. 

"There is a great deal I carry on my shoulders, some of it of my own doing be it both good and harmful to myself but its what drove me to get to where I am now. Maybe because of the past is why I can't let go though I know full well it only holds me back from climbing any higher for myself. You'd think after having that sort of lecture drilled into my head several times would get through but perhaps its too thick and the message hasn't penetrated fully yet. Wouldn't be the first time I struggled with some form of life lesson" Astrid replied, gently gripping her fingers around the wand before lowering it to her side. 

She looked up and gave Rowena a light warm smile. "My apologies Lady Rowena. I hadn't meant to bother you with personal matter when you came seeking what I am stationed here for. You make a valid point and if I want to do my job properly, I need to not only be at my best but I should equip myself with the tools fitting my growing skill. It might be time to put my father to bed and see to making my own from the step onward."    

Astrid paused, considering Rowena's offer. The idea sounded good but at the same time bad. She couldn't possibly think to take time away from the raven haired woman to see to getting her a wand. She like the other founders had a list longer then the height of the tallest tower of things to do and no doubt felt the stress of it all. Then again, if she went with Rowena it would save her the difficult weight of trying to get herself a wand later by herself or with her siblings. Having them even see a hint of the weight or pain she had carried since their father's murder on top of the loss of their mother a few years ago was something she couldn't let happen. She was their guardian, their protector, and support until they were ready to leave the nest they had built here. They had always seen her as strong and dependable so having them know she had hid this from them all this time would make them feel guilty she had done so for them. Things were good for them right now, everyone was happy, healthy, and beginning to find their own spirit, the last thing she wanted to do was do something to rattle that to an unstable state.

"I appreciate the offer Lady Rowena, thank you. But only if your sure you have the time for it, I understand you and the other Founders have a lot on your shoulders right now with the school. My siblings and I share this wand, those that have the magical gift present at least, so it would do me good to make sure they get wands as well, perhaps not right now but at some point in the future and we can instead put this one to rest in our father's honor instead where it belongs. Its long overdue a good rest after all the work it has done for us after all." she said, then turned slightly to pick up the tray from the bed a moment later.

Messages In This Thread
Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Rowena Ravenclaw - 01-03-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 04:48 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 05:56 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 10:22 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by xdragon - 03-16-2024, 09:23 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by xdragon - 04-02-2024, 05:43 PM