Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy is the Head (Astrid)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid focused on Rowena first, making sure as she did that her patient was given her attention before anything else and that included a personal though important question. She had heard it before, several times in fact included a few times from her late mother but for one reason or another she still continued to use her fathers wand rather than look into getting her own. Maybe the biggest of them all was its connection to her late father, taken far sooner than he should have and for the selfish reasons of another. His life hadn't been the only one taken that night but she had made sure the cost of those lives had been paid for from the one who had caused it.

Setting down the tray on to the bed across from the one Rowena sat at, she glanced at the wand in her hand then exhaled a small sigh. "I've considered it, perhaps many times but with raising my siblings it often drifts from my mind as quickly as it comes. They depend on me so their needs I usually put first then with my work. With the eldest of my younger siblings able to take care of our little stall, I felt ok with taking this position with the consent should they need me I would go to them." Astrid explained calmly. Her gaze took a mild pained look as she further studied the old wand in her hand. "Perhaps I'm just making an excuse to remain stubborn about change. This was my late fathers and the only thing I have of him other than my siblings. In a way I guess its helped keep him close to me as well as my mother whom we lost as well not to long ago. I know I should go about getting one better suited for me and my work would no doubt be increasing better than it is but its hard to let go whats helped you through some tough and painful times. When you have no one to lean on for support because you are offering yours to those that need it more."  

She wondered if this was too much personal information tied to her answer. The question was a simple one but Astrid's answer perhaps was more detailed than needed. She could only hope at least it wouldn't give Rowena the impression she had asked the wrong person to come work for the school. Hopefully her answer hadn't just cost her the job not just she wanted but the one her siblings had been proud she had been offered and voiced their approval for her to accept as well.

Messages In This Thread
Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Rowena Ravenclaw - 01-03-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 04:48 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 05:56 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 10:22 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by xdragon - 03-16-2024, 09:23 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by xdragon - 04-02-2024, 05:43 PM