Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Delicious Bite To Start The Day-Breakfast (Open)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid listened closely as Gwen explained her rough night, taking note of a few familiar signs as well as the downcast look and tone of the other woman as she spoke. This was a common problem she had come across herself quite a few times both as a healer and parental figure. Her siblings at home, not her new additions but the ones that had traveled with her from their previous home. They had some similar issues adjusting to a new life and new routine they often had trouble sleep and that also impacted her and her mother's sleep as they tried to help and console them. It wasn't to say her younger siblings hadn't had to ever experience this, on the contrary they had when their mother passed away and the youngest found their normal person they looked up to and bonded strongly with first suddenly gone. Astrid had just managed to get them back to a calmly more productive sleep schedule before coming to the school but still worried every night that they might become stressed again with her not around as much as she used to be.

She reached out and gently gave Gwen's hand a small soft pat offering a comforting smile. "Its a concern and worry I understand, I went through a little of it while I was caring for and raising my youngest siblings. From the sound of it, it might just be her being fussy and upset with her schedule being adjusted. Routine is important to young children and they often don't know how to adjust well to changes and can't express that frustration any other way than becoming upset causing you to then be worried and overly exhausted no doubt. If I could be a bit forward and make a suggestion to try I think it might be of some help. It greatly helped my siblings out as well as myself in getting some sleep when we needed it and it has no side effects or harmful downsides. You can even use it on yourself if you'd like, its essentially a light mixture of chamomile and lavender oil or I have it in a dry leaf form to make a stewed tea with instead if that is more to your taste." Astrid said. It was just an offer and she wouldn't be insulted or hurt if it was refused. Things were still a little rocky with everyone trusting her thanks to her minor viking background and it wasn't always an immediate ok for some people in taking her help or advice. Not that she would blame any of them, she didn't fully endorse some of the things she had witnessed and heard while they had lived at sea with them but they had come to help her and her family in their dire time of need so they couldn't be fully terrible as people liked to claim.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Delicious Bite To Start The Day-Breakfast (Open) - by Astrid Gudrun - 07-07-2022, 04:42 AM