Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Delicious Bite To Start The Day-Breakfast (Open)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid smiled, internally chuckling at Gwen to not insult the woman as her response."It is a rather good and smart choice to make when it comes to the first meal of the day. While I do know a bit about the good properties of such a hearty meal as parritch, mostly not because I'm a healer but that I learned that its a good cost effective food that lasts a good amount of time, especially with eight or so mouths to feed. I think knowing she had a lot of mouths to feed and the potential for the students to have a busy day ahead of them, Lady Hufflepuff and the house elves must have decided to make sure it was present front and center this morning. Shes rather knowledgeable when it comes to the properties of ingredients she uses for cooking, whats good and when. I look forward to asking her for some advice in what foods I can pass on to my siblings to start cooking at home so they can all continue to grow strong and healthy even while I am at work here" she explained calmly. Once she was finished, Astrid raised her cup up and finished the last of the tea that was inside.

She took a moment to look over the dishes available for breakfast, the largest and obvious one meant to draw in to it was the parritch but thankfully she had been able to withstand its call. With a lighter breakfast she would feel more able to focus on keeping herself busy somehow while she toiled away in the infirmary. While she was glad so far she had yet to have any patients, well save one she was helping to keep secret from his friends it did make her job a bit boring. It would be tempting to go down to the village to check on her siblings again but what if someone came by while she was away? She had been hired here to help look after the residents with their medical needs and part of that meant having to stay here just about all the time. No matter how much the separation from her siblings was poking lightly at the inside of her mind, since their mother passed she had tried to be home most of the time but this job paid well and it would give her the chance to make sure her family was well taken care of. Not to mention if any of them came of age and had magic she could afford to send them here to learn from the best in the world. This opportunity wouldn't come again so she had to make sure she did her job and kept her nose out of trouble as much as she could.

"It's not so bad once you add some fruit or honey to give it a lighter flavor, the parritch that is. Still, as much as I know its good for keeping the stomach full and the body fueled with energy to get one through a good part of the day I just can't bring myself to eat it more often than every now and then. I mean no offence to Lady Hufflepuff and the house elves, it smells wonderful and the sides they have out to add to it will help it fit to any taste bud. I just don't personally prefer to eat it myself, at least not all the time." Astrid said, her smile giving a few guilty hints of her not being a big fan of the thick heavy cook oats. 

She knew better than to be picky about food, growing up how she had you didn't always have a choice of what you ate especially on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Not that that was what she assumed was happening here but not wanting to turn any of the new students away from the meal the house elves and lady Hufflepuff had planned and prepared for this morning, she had come as early as she could to breakfast after checking in with her siblings and then ate while there had been lack of attention on her choice of her morning meal. It wouldn't work every time nor would she dismiss the carefully selected main option made by Lady Hufflepuff and the kitchen house elves but every once in a while didn't seem like it would be a terrible idea.

Astrid glanced at Gwen as she mentioned having a long night before tucking in to her breakfast a bit. A very long night apparently and she couldn't help look a little closer at the other woman's face just a bit more. She took note of the darker color skin tone around her eyes and while she seemed awake enough, there didn't seem to be any energy evidence in her facial motions or expressions to back up having had a good nights sleep. "You had a rough night last night I presume?" Aside asked a little more quietly so they wouldn't be overheard as easily as before, just in case this was something Gwen didn't want to get around. "Is there anything I could do to help? If you think you might have another tough night tonight as far as sleeping I could look into getting you something that will help you sleep soundly through the night."

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Delicious Bite To Start The Day-Breakfast (Open) - by Astrid Gudrun - 07-03-2022, 04:52 AM