Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Delicious Bite To Start The Day-Breakfast (Open)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid was pulled away from her mild daydream partly down memory lane when she heard someone say good morning. She blinked then lowered her gaze to look on either side of her along the long head table until she saw Gwen seated beside her. At the moment she seemed to be looking over the options along the table so she postponed returning the morning greeting to give her the chance to collect something to fill her stomach.

She looked down at her own plate, contemplating whether or not to grab a few extra biscuits or several pieces of fruit to make sure she had enough to last until lunch. Unlike her neighbor Astrid had gone down the picky route when it came to selecting her breakfast. It wasn't anything against the scottish dishes or the hard working hands that had prepared it, it was just that she preferred a lighter meal in the morning. Out of habit and one of several she had made during her years of travel, it was one of the more stubborn that had been more challenging to break.

When it seemed like Gwen had settled in better with something to eat she heard her mention the ceiling. Astrid turned to look at her, glancing away for a moment to take in the view of the ceiling before returning her focus to the woman beside her. "Good Morning Lady Moore. It is indeed. Sir Raine really did an amazing job with it, I can hardly pull myself from looking at it and not find my mind recalling the nights I spent looking up at the real night sky" she replied, offering a warm friendly smile as she set down her mug. "I'm a bit grateful last night I wasn't so easily noticed nor the only one staring up at it for a long time."

Astrid took note of Gwen's choice of meal, feeling a bit guilty that she hadn't given it a chance but perhaps for lunch she could remedy it by eating a bit more than she typically did. She glanced at the remaining half of biscuit on her plate, lightly glazed with a few drops of honey. She really aught to finish it but maybe after a little chat, their was still plenty of time and she wasn't in an immediate need to rush back to the infirmary. By the look of it, Gwen seemed hesitant to jump in on her breakfast anyway so a few minutes of conversation wouldn't do any harm. 

"It is a bit on the heavy side as far as options are for the first meal of the day" she said, hinting at the breakfast dishes around them on the table. "I mean no disrespect to Lady Hufflepuff and the house elves that worked hard to make it but I couldn't think to eat very much this morning after that enjoyable feast last night. I just hope they won't be too upset with me for picking a lighter option at least for breakfast. I'll be sure to make it up to them at lunch though with a bit more on my plate."

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Delicious Bite To Start The Day-Breakfast (Open) - by Astrid Gudrun - 06-25-2022, 09:31 PM