Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders)
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Helga smiled as she raised her goblet up to take a drink. "I can't take any credit for the snack options tonight, I offered the house elves the chance to prepare us something on their own with the simple advice it be on the light side." She said, pausing to take a drink. "They didn't do too terrible of a job for their first late night snack on their own. The wine choice by them tonight was an excellent one."

Smiling she took a bite or two of her shortbread, easing herself into a tired work mode for the most part. Helga reminded herself to take her time with the wine tonight, she was exhausted and wouldn't be able to hold her usual limit. She went for another drink from her goblet with the subject on her mind when she heard Severus concerned question about the candles.

Helga glanced at Godric then turned back to Severn. Well, it wasn't quite business but since he didn't know about it, may as well start off with it she thought guiltily. "It was a last minute idea of mine for the great hall, maybe one of the last few good ones my mind is capable of making in my current state. Sir Raine did an amazing job on the ceiling but the room was still rather dark even if the fireplaces had been burning, so I thought hovering some enchanted candles throughout the space would brighten things up while not taking away from Sir Raine's work. For now it was decided to do just half the room in candles since we don't have a full room of students yet and therefor dont need to light up the whole room but eventually I did want it all done. We used a good number of candles on just half the room and while they are enchanted to never melt or need to be replaced, we will need more later for the other half of the room but I didn't want to worry you or Rowena about the supply numbers getting all messed up with this last minute project of mine." 

"So since Godric decided to take over the project for me with Sir Raine I had them put in an order for more candles for me using my funds to replace what was used for the ceiling and then some extra we can put aside in another place for now and then use when we are ready to do the other half of the ceiling" she explained calmly. "I made a note that it didn't need to be a rush delivery as we shouldn't need them immediately as far as the general supply. Also that despite a concerned friend taking the project over for me to decrease my workload, I insisted on paying for it as it was my idea to use the candles from the supply in the first place and he was not to use his own money for this in an attempt to be a gentleman in the moment."   

With that she glanced at Godric, hoping he had followed through with her request she had given Merrick to pass on to him as she took a small sip of wine. They both knew he would be in deep trouble with his brother if he tried to cover it himself and as much as she appreciated it, his gentlemanly assistance was not necessary this time. If he had paid for it instead of with the money she had given Merrick to give him, Helga would promptly shove it into Godric pocket herself. It was that or send it to Gifford but then he would have still gotten into trouble as he tried to figure out why their sister-in-law was sending money on his behalf.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by Helga Hufflepuff - 04-08-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 03-17-2024, 06:27 PM
RE: It's a Hit...Sorta (Founders) - by xdragon - 04-03-2024, 03:25 PM