Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy is the Head (Astrid)
Professor

60 Posts
3 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Astrid followed Rowena to the bed and listened as she explained that she was here more so as a patient then as leader checking in. While it was a relief she was being trusted despite her background, she wasn't thrilled to here the other woman was in some distress and pain. 

She gave a small nod of her head and realizing she would need to take her wand light with her when she walked away, Astrid muttered the incantation to remove the light from the tip of her wand. A moment later she gave it a small flourished movement towards several candles carefully pinned to the wall above the row of beds. Just in case she had any late night patients there was the availability for light to free up her wand. three candles above the bed Rowena sat on flickered to life only to extinguish a moment later. Astrid furrowed her brow and muttered something about overuse of the old wand before trying again and this time the small flames seemed to remain burning lightly. It was light enough to see and hopefully not to bright to cause Rowena any further pain or discomfort with her head ache.

"I have just the thing. Make yourself comfortable and I'll be right back." she said as she illuminated the tip of her wand again with a small flick. It took a moment for the light to glow then it had the first time causing Astrid to give her had a small shake as she calmly crossed the room to the doorway at the back of the room. She had let her brother borrow the wand earlier that day while she was visiting and could only assume the poor wand had been put through a workout of some kind. She wasn't using it as much as she used to and figured like with people the old wand of her fathers was simply getting along in age and was starting to dim in strength. 

After a few minutes Astrid was walking back across the room holding a tray in her hands. Her wand was sticking out of one hand helping to light up the path ahead of her and help avoid knocking into any of the beds along the way. That was the last thing she wanted to do just before the start of the new school. 

"Here we are. I've got a small healing potion for one head ache and a steaming cup of Chamomile and dandelion tea with a drop of a calming draught to help ease you to sleep tonight. I myself haven't been too fond of the taste of some potions no matter how good they are so if you would like to pour it into something else to drink I've prepared a goblet of mild juice to mix it in or we can add it to the tea. Which ever your comfortable with." she explained as she paused beside Rowena and lowered the tray down low enough for her to reach what she wanted comfortably. 

If the dark haired woman didn't show the physical signs of her distress, Astrid wondered if this was possibly a test of her ability again. While there were several ways to help ease the pain of a head ache, some of those ways weren't always known to everyone. Thankfully from her adoptive viking culture she had managed to learn a few varieties of ways to help when it came to certain ailments and injuries. Though the problem was that they were not always accepted given the reputation of the source regardless of it the claims were true or false.

Messages In This Thread
Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Rowena Ravenclaw - 01-03-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 04:48 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 05:56 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by Astrid Gudrun - 01-03-2022, 10:22 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by xdragon - 03-16-2024, 09:23 PM
RE: Heavy is the Head (Astrid) - by xdragon - 04-02-2024, 05:43 PM