Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
With what sounded like the approval to help brush the horse down, Cara calmly stepped away to grab two brushes and handed one to Kimberly once she came back. She figured they could still talk while they brushed Apollo, seemed at least the better option when they weren't sure how much time was left before they needed to get back for their next class.

"I wouldn't want to assume the classes are as easy as that one but I have hopes they won't be too terribly difficult. With everyone here at different levels of knowledge in magic I can only guess they are starting easy just to find a good middle point for the range and go from there. Why else start with a lesson on if we can read and write you know?" she said as she gently began to brush the horse, starting at the top of his elegant neck and working slowly down to his shoulders. 

Honestly, Cara had hopes the classes wouldn't be anything like their first simply because while it had little to do with magic in her mind, it had challenged her in a way she didn't like. Out where everyone could see her potentially fail. She didn't do failure, at least not in public to be seen. Still, she did have some knowledge on magical lessons so maybe as far as the next few classes she wouldn't feel so much out of her element. Perhaps instead a bit ahead where she liked to be.

"We are in a similar boat then, I had to learn a few lessons on my own and others I had to gain experience on my own. At first my father was the one to teach me some basic skills though most were lessons on metal work and the forge as he is the small towns blacksmith of several generations where we lived. I taught myself to shoot a bow and a touch of experimenting with my magic when it began, something he didn't always approve of but in the end it earned me a few magical lessons from our towns ruling Lady in exchange for some work. It wasn't much or for very long before they decided to send me here to learn what I needed and from those who would better be able to teach me" Cara calmly explained. She made a point to make it brief enough, no need to bother Kimberly with the details and the drama that shaped her to the kind of person she was now. No one really needed that kind of weight on their mind so she would keep it to herself and perhaps a animal companion should she find one before her time at the school was over.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 11-24-2022, 09:33 PM
RE: An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly) - by xdragon - 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM