Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the Next Adventure (OPEN)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Cara wasn't expecting her idea to get accepted rather calmly and without resistance. She had assumed Zot would have been more insistent on accompanying her, trying to be the proper gentlemen and all but maybe he understood her points of it saving them some time to split up. Kimberly seemed ok with it too, offering to help the owner collect everything from the two lists would help cut down on time. She felt bad for bothering the other girl with all this stuff, leading them to the shop and helping them collect what they needed, she had taken a break from her work at the blacksmith to lend them a hand after all. Cara wondered if their was something she could to make it up to her, it was the right thing to do after all and if they were going to be spending the days to follow together up at the castle it was better to start things off on the right foot even if her own intentions were to learn not make connections.

She took her leave of the shop, following the directions to a smaller building not far from the general store. It was an odd experience for Cara, the owner took her by surprise as he seemed to ask her a few questions before hustling off to look through a wall of bookshelves though instead of books it was stuffed full of small boxes. He pulled out a few and approached her. One by one he handed her what seemed to be a glorified stick with a handle, a little confusing if you didn't know what they were but thankfully thanks to the noble woman Cara was well aware she was being handed a wand though why he was handing her different ones, one by one was something she didn't understand. Not until he handed her one in particular made from pine and the core of a phoenix feather did she feel it. Like a rush of air swirling around her hand and arm as it did when she used her magic with her bow. It brought a warmth and comfort, giving her almost a familiar sense of security similar to an embrace she remembered as a child. She quickly brushed the memory from her mind not wanting to think of the past that only dug deeper into her cracked heart.

Cara paid for her wand and calmly left the store, paying attention to retracing her steps so she wouldn't get lost on her way back to the general store. Upon arriving she noticed Zot and Kimberly over by the owner with a collection of things on the counter, Zot seemed to be paying for his items before packing them away. Not wanting to make either of them wait long she hurried back to where she could get measured for a cloak and offered if it would help with a busy workload to take a premade cloak if it was easier than having to make it completely. After a short chat and some measurement she was handed a small written ticket and told to come back tomorrow to pick up the cloak. Cara was stunned by the timing but didn't question it. It was highly likely there were people here that could use magic and no doubt did to help when it came to daily tasks or in this case making cloaks for a sudden increase of people needing them. 

She made her way to the other two, waiting until the owner finished with Zot before taking her turn to paying for the items that had been collected for her. "My apologies for the delay, I hope I didn't make either of you wait too long. I didn't think the shop owner was going to hand me almost every one until we found the right one. Thank you for gathering all this for me, I greatly appreciate it." Cara said as she paused beside Kimberly. She payed for her things, took back the list when it was held out to her and began to pack up her things into the cauldron just as Zot did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 02-20-2022, 05:14 PM
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-16-2024, 08:13 AM
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-02-2024, 03:46 AM