Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dare of Dawn (Helga)
Professor

27 Posts
2 Threads
Undisclosed

All Accounts Posts: 173
"Aye, tis good te know," he said, glad of the Founder's reassurances on the matter. He looked around the room once more before shifting his gaze back to Godric. "I d'nay seppose ye can tell me 'ow me brother be fairin'? Keeping 'imself out o' trouble I 'ope."

Maximus was actually quite glad that his brother had taken up a post here as it kept him largely out of harm's way. Though Merrick was a capable knight, he knew the battle was not his brother's first inclination. He much preferred to study and explore the obscure. And it eased his own mind a bit to know his brother wouldn't be likely to die on a battlefield here so that if anything happened to him their father would still have an heir.

Not that he planned on dying anytime soon, but when it came to battle anything could happen. One wrong move or hesitation and that was the end. Maximus was keenly aware of that with all of those souls he had lost in his relatively short life. He figured he'd be losing a hell of a lot more by the time he could settle into being lord of sorts.
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric gave him a broad smile. "Young Merrick fares quite well here, from what I can tell. While he was quite talented with a sword, I truly believe that this is his real calling. He is engaging with the other staff, he's picking up projects of his own to help improve the school, and the set ups he has for his classes is impressive, considering how little time he's had to do so. I am quite certain he can tell you more, of course, when you see him at the evening meal."

If Maximus hadn't passed out asleep by that point. It was entirely possible. Days in the saddle could do that to a man. However, it was poor form to mention such things and suggest that said man was too weak to stay awake. He might fall asleep at the meal but he would insist upon being there nevertheless. It had happened to Godric more than once when he'd come back from his own years serving as a knight as well as scouting for students.

"Shall we continue on then? I could take you up to the Astronomy tower so you could see for yourself what Merrick's been getting up to. And maybe even find him there."
Professor

27 Posts
2 Threads
Undisclosed

All Accounts Posts: 173
"Nay, I d'nay wish te invade 'is space jus' yet," Maximus said as he waved off the idea. He was pleased to know that his brother was fitting in well and making himself useful as a part of the staff and not just a bored knight. Given how studious he was growing up, and how he had absorbed information about the subjects that had interested him, it didn't entirely surprise him that he had found his calling. He had always seen Merrick as being a happy scholar type as opposed to a battle-hardened warrior.

"But aye, let us continue on te whate'er else ye wish te show me," he said, motioning for Godric to proceed him out the door. He would happily follow to wherever the Founder wished to go. As they walked down the hallway, he took in the solid walls decorated with torches and tapestries. There wasn't much other light here but it wasn't surprising given castle living.
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
Godric highly doubted that heading up to the tower right now would be seen as an invasion but he wouldn't argue with Maximus. Best not to be quarrelsome when trying to impress a potential student's current advocate. Thus, they would move on to greener pastures - literally.

"Come, I'll show you my classroom. Of course, as fitting for me, it's outside. Nothing like a bit of fresh, cold air to purge mischievous thoughts from the younger ones." He insisted, leading Maximus down the hallways and out the nearest door to the outside. "If it's too cold in the winter, we can always move things to the Great Hall. Perfectly large and open for dueling in but that's only for severe cases. Thus, if your esteemed father allowed Moira to attend, make certain that your mother supplies her with plenty of warm gear fitting for winters in Scotland." He advised. A little embarrassing to be thinking about a sister's underclothing but it would be a necessity. Winters here were brutal. It wouldn't do to have their students getting frostbite. Already there was quite the nip in the air and it was only September.

Leading him a good ways across the lawn, they finally reached the appointed arena. Small in comparison to one's like the Coliseum, it was still rather good-sized. Four entrances on either side of the circle with walls at least double a man's height, Godric led him in through the closest opening and into the wide space devoid of grass. It was a dusty yard, rather hard from the recent cold snap that had near frozen the ground. The spectator stands surrounding the open stretched up as high as the walls went.

"In case you didn't see, there are warming rooms off of two of the openings to that if students need a few moment's respite, it's available. In the third entrance, there is a room off of it for emergency healing supplies. I'm not worried about injuries but it never hurts to be prepared. There is a full-time healer on staff for any sicknesses or injuries incurred during the school year so, while young wizards and witches do tend to get hurt when learning magic, there will be someone to treat them quickly and efficiently." Honestly, they would likely receive better and more expedient treatment than they would in their own homes.

"Behind us there," Godric pointed to a door inside the long hallway they had just traveled through, "That would be our armory."
Posting Freak

4,308 Posts
0 Threads

Иоан176.9CHAPanglArthMohiJeweЮлиарадиHighJeweDunsMichКитаСемеS900ModeJennSympLennсельначаабха
HarrAttaАрсеGeorKiriReneBrowWilhMichAhavтечеКубаMichHousYoghNostдеятпосеХеймJeanRichМариПоро
PureScotWindБурчWelcTwenSummScotmattDoriТайлWereSweeIronКонюЯкунArthStouХрисПекаStepВороРуса
OrchOmsaХисаэпигAlfrнасткапиMassТрахthemSupewwwgКитаArtsКочнFranсборгоспCarcЩербJorgParkKare
сереMezzNBRDкараRondEmilссылКазазабоTeasToucKunaClifГрянразнZORLавтоReneРайкSonyКитаWindVari
EasyИндивкраMPEGовноEFORIndeCataбелыМехаэнцихлопЧернPrimSoftElizMist8911пазлревеXIIIClinpoet
тексWienSomeочарукрафигуWillWindXVIIWindHongSonyChouIntiChoiЛитРЛитРХромHenrUEFAэнерЛитРЛитР
SireШевцAufbSeemГуроШаптXVIIМихаUnsaотстFranYevgMiliРычаКвэкСмирFantмногЖигаАнтоТорсKathжутк
инстГолуМалеШолоДБЭлязыкГалеJohnЕфреМинаТрейавтоCaldТатуГалиAspiXVIIавтоМаксавтоArthMPEGMPEG
MPEGHochVoyaчтенЕИльMagiMPEGHurrВуймStanуспеРозеНикиtuchkasДогаLigh