Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Meeting (Kimberly)
Student

39 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 168
"Alright, providing when we step out after class is over it won't be so dark out we won't be able to see beyond the orb of light provided by candle light then we can just hold off until tomorrow to search for it. You are more familiar with the rising and setting of the sun around here than I am so if you think we will have some time today we can give a try. So long as it wont get either of us into trouble with the Lords and Ladies in charge" Cara replied glancing at Kimberly. 

She turned back to the black mare, gently rubbing her hand along the length of the side of her face and neck. The way Kimberly had tried to reassure her she would eventually find a companion and it didn't necessarily have to be horse circled her mind a few times. While she wouldn't any animal companion in general, somehow her mind drifted a bit to far and hoped for something that was more impossible than possible. While it would her beyond happy to have something like a hippogriff or griffin that just was wishful thinking, dreaming when in reality they were probably the least likely for her to come across and connect with one like a companion. It was dream best left to her mind, unlikely to happen given her track record with luck.

Cara bid farewell to the mare, moving calmly over to join Kimberly by her horse. She offered Apollo a smile as they were introduced, extending her hand for a smell "Nice to meet you Apollo, I'm sorry though I don't have a sugar cube to offer you but if its alright with you I can help Kimberly give you a good brush down" she said, letting his eye link with hers for a few moments then turned to look at Kimberly beside her. "Thats of course if its alright with you. I can help clean out his stall instead while you brush him if you would rather do it by yourself."
Student

59 Posts
1 Threads
Undisclosed

Kimberly sighed when Cara asked her if it was going to get them in trouble with the Lords and the Ladies. Truthfully she did not feel like any of them other than maybe Sir Gryfindor liked her anyways. If it was to get her in trouble then maybe it was their way of saying she did not belong there. Plus she was not sure where they needed to start looking for the range so it could take hours to find it. “If the rest of the classes go as fast as that one then we should have plenty of time. If they decided to want to keep us in class for ages then no. Most of the classes that had outside of where we're from woman teaching me to sow. I did not get it very well so had to do most of it on my own time because they did not want to sit there and watch me fail. If not then we can keep trying a little at a time plus no classes on the weekends so we could spend the day then looking.”

Kimberly smiled a little when Cara looked towards her. “I don’t mind if you help me give him a brush down. The truth that might just want Apollo needs. It also is faster since like you said we do still have classes to get to. If we are both doing it then cleaning the stall should be easy too. It should take maybe 20 minutes or so.” She knew it would take her longer if wanted to be detailed but not sure about school stuff what time had.
Student

39 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 168
With what sounded like the approval to help brush the horse down, Cara calmly stepped away to grab two brushes and handed one to Kimberly once she came back. She figured they could still talk while they brushed Apollo, seemed at least the better option when they weren't sure how much time was left before they needed to get back for their next class.

"I wouldn't want to assume the classes are as easy as that one but I have hopes they won't be too terribly difficult. With everyone here at different levels of knowledge in magic I can only guess they are starting easy just to find a good middle point for the range and go from there. Why else start with a lesson on if we can read and write you know?" she said as she gently began to brush the horse, starting at the top of his elegant neck and working slowly down to his shoulders. 

Honestly, Cara had hopes the classes wouldn't be anything like their first simply because while it had little to do with magic in her mind, it had challenged her in a way she didn't like. Out where everyone could see her potentially fail. She didn't do failure, at least not in public to be seen. Still, she did have some knowledge on magical lessons so maybe as far as the next few classes she wouldn't feel so much out of her element. Perhaps instead a bit ahead where she liked to be.

"We are in a similar boat then, I had to learn a few lessons on my own and others I had to gain experience on my own. At first my father was the one to teach me some basic skills though most were lessons on metal work and the forge as he is the small towns blacksmith of several generations where we lived. I taught myself to shoot a bow and a touch of experimenting with my magic when it began, something he didn't always approve of but in the end it earned me a few magical lessons from our towns ruling Lady in exchange for some work. It wasn't much or for very long before they decided to send me here to learn what I needed and from those who would better be able to teach me" Cara calmly explained. She made a point to make it brief enough, no need to bother Kimberly with the details and the drama that shaped her to the kind of person she was now. No one really needed that kind of weight on their mind so she would keep it to herself and perhaps a animal companion should she find one before her time at the school was over.