Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the Next Adventure (OPEN)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
"Its just a feeling I have looking up at it. You don't have something that big unless your either expecting a grand number of people to be there with enough room to spread out or if there's more to it then just a big fancy castle. Maybe good maybe not so good. As I said it just gives me a feeling that whats inside awaiting us can't be judged by what it looks like on the outside." Cara explained when Zot seemed puzzled and questioned her observation. It seemed right she explain a little more of what she meant, trying to clarify it was only her opinion and she had no idea what was really inside the giant stone building nearby.

When the paused by the general store, she did her best to pay attention to each word Kimberly said next as she described some of the adults running the new school. There was some information that seemed interesting but it was only when the other girl brought up that she was getting help learning to read and write that Cara felt her heart freeze. She didn't really expect that to be part of the schools education, really she just assumed it was only the Noble woman who had been insisting Cara learn to read and write not that it was required to know. She was tempted to ask if they knew who could read and write and who couldn't but decided not to, feeling as though it would only draw curiosity in her direction to see if she herself knew how to. She knew a little, a few words or letters whatever they were but it wasn't much. Not much at all to go by her failed attempts to read the letter and list of needed supplies the Noble woman had sent her with. 

Cara glanced at the store, wondering if she should seek out the owner with help getting the things on her list if she needed them at all. It was hard to say what the Noble woman was telling her to get and what was necessary for the school. No there was one thing on her list she knew was needed for school but should she bother Kimberly again to ask where to get it or bother the general store owner instead. She guessed it was times like this it was helpful if you could read and find it by looking around at the signs above the buildings no doubt screaming out exactly what they were. Cara tilted her head down a bit as she slightly raised her hand up holding the parchment pages, her eyes looking them over as if expecting this time she would be able to read much more then one or two words from it. No such luck unfortunately so from here onward she was on her own to figure it out.

"Thank you for your help and guidance Kimberly, I gratefully appreciated it. For sure I would have gotten lost had you not shown the way." she said looking up at the other girl and gave her a light but warmly appreciative smile. Just because she wasn't the biggest fan of people didn't mean she couldn't be polite and friendly at times. So long as they didn't try to get close to her things would be fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 01-18-2022, 04:32 AM
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-16-2024, 08:13 AM
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-02-2024, 03:46 AM