Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the Next Adventure (OPEN)
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
When the boy spoke up first, Cara resisted reacting to the slightly odd combination of his build versus his expression. He was taller then either her or the other girl giving off a sense of male intimidation but his kind and warm eyes countered that to make him seem at least for now a little overly friendly and welcoming in an innocent way. It was faint but it reminded Cara of a similar look that she had been given to aid in lowering her guard before it changed and cut into her deeply to reopen the wound in her heart. She was here to learn, to study, to grow, and become strong enough to survive on her own. Not give history another chance at repeating herself when she foolishly lowered her guard away.

She kept the movement as subtle as possible as she gripped the strap of her bag with her hand for a moment, letting the words repeat in her mind once more as she assembled her next words. He had been polite and given her an honest answer, not to mention she had interrupted the pairs conversation so she did owe each some answers to questions they asked. Permitting they didn't go in a particular direction or to deeply personal. 

Cara gave a small nod of her head to the question about the school, holding back on gripping her bag strap again and instead tightened her grip on the opened scrolls in her other hand. The next part was always a toss up as far as reactions go, a girl with a boy's name made people wonder if she was under cover and hiding for some reason or if her parents had been messed up in the head to give her such a name. SO far people had found it more odd or concerning then accepting but supposedly there would be other cultures here and with it maybe more of an acceptance of the odd choice of name. While true she was wearing a dress sometimes even with that they questioned her gender and given her first name she understood the hesitance despite the obvious evidence. "Caratacos Toirdelback." she said in the same tone a moment later, glancing away to look further into the blacksmith and avoid seeing either of their first reactions. "I go by Cara for short if you'd prefer that to the full name. It can be a little tricky to pronounce."  

She was expecting Kimberly, the other girl's name according to Zot to point her in the direction she needed to go but instead she stepped away and returned to say the trading post was rather large and even though she was still learning where everything was, she could lead the way. Cara turned to look at her and offered a gentle apologetic expression. "My apologies, I didn't intend for you to have to stop what your doing and interrupt your conversation to assist me. There is still enough daylight that if you would like to give me a few landmarks I'm sure I could find it so you don't have to leave or get into trouble." she answered glancing between them. Really, she would be ok on her own and they could go back to their conversation she hadn't meant to interrupt. The trading post surely wasn't so big she would lose her way right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by Cara Toirdelbach - 01-06-2022, 07:53 PM
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by xdragon - 03-16-2024, 08:13 AM
RE: Before the Next Adventure (OPEN) - by xdragon - 04-02-2024, 03:46 AM