Home Basics Rules Archives Discord
Hello, guest!
or Register?
News
1.6.22 -We are currently looking for students of all houses!

12.29.21 - We are OPEN!

12.28.21 -Our site is under construction!

As advertised on:
RPG-D RPG Initiative
RPG Rating:
RPG Rating 3 3 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcoming Students (OPEN)
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 180
Helga took a moment longer to watch Kimberly go, just wanting to make sure she managed ok before turning her attention to the next person as the approached. At first she didn't recognize the dark haired young woman and assumed from her reserved manners she was scouted by Rowena or Salazar. That is until she heard the girl's unusual name and her shoulders perked up a bit.

"At last! I was hoping you would be coming Miss Toirdelbach." Helga said cheerfully with a smile. "Lady Muirne is a friend of mine who wrote to me about you. She told me about your impressive victory at the yearly archery contest and your progress under her guidance. She would update me on your progress before asking for advice and ideas on how to help you learn magic." 

"I did what I could to offer some advice before suggesting she should have you come here to learn instead. It would save her a great deal of time with sending letters back and forth and it would give you an opportunity to not only learn magic but find your strengths and which direction you wish to take your magic once you have a better understanding of where it can take you. From what she told me of your raw abilities I have no doubt you will do wonderfully here. Just mind you don't use your bow inside the castle alright? She did warn me you have one impressive shot if focused enough" She smiled, hinting that she was aware of Cara's shots during the contest and the fact that the girl didn't often stray far from having her bow with her most if not all the time.
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

All Accounts Posts: 223
The first thing that Godric noted about their newest student was the bow upon her back. Of course he would immediately notice when someone was armed (other than their wand, of course). As he heard Helga mentioned that the young woman had won a yearly archery contest, a grin crossed his face. Oh goodie, new competition. Salazar was absolutely rubbish at archery and if either Helga or Rowena had ever fired an arrow, he would have been quite shocked.

Knowing that there was at least one athletically-inclined student among their numbers gave him a special thrill. Hopefully she was in his house though even if she wasn't, she could always join him in the arena for practice.

"Though you are here for your magical education, of course, I do have a few targets set up for archers to practice," Godric informed Miss Toirdelbach. "You are welcome to join me there any day after classes." He offered her before nodding his head, one warrior to another because even if she had never fought, that possibility was always there. It was nice to know that there would be a variety of skills among their students.

He let it go for now, letting her join Kimberly in her decision of where she would like to wait for the others, still grinning as the next student approached. 
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

Cara turned her attention to each of the adults as they spoke to her. For the most part her attention was drawn to the shorter of the women who she realized had been the noble woman's contact for advice on her training. It stunned her a moment to learn more was shared about her between the two then just what to teach Cara. Then no doubt when she had grown tired of trying to teach her asked if there was another she could be taken to and the school had been recommended. Still, while it only proved a point that Cara couldn't depend on anyone but herself at least she could hopefully progress her education and training here enough to be better then good when struck off on her own once this place too decided to turn away from her.

She was unexpectedly surprised as the man beside the woman spoke up, taking note of the bow across her back as he suggested she could come practice at the targets set up. Though it would be after classes were done. While she wasn't too thrilled at the idea of practicing with people watching or practicing nearby it was still getting the chance to do what she loved to do outside practice her magic. It could become something to help ease her spirit at the end of classes each day, particularly if they had been rougher or more challenging then she was assuming they would be.

"Thank you My Lord" Cara said and followed it with a small polite bow of her head. With the introduction pretty much done, she turned and walked towards the instructed waiting place. She could already see a familiar face waiting there and approached as calmly as she could. With her nerves slightly rattling on the inside after that introduction with the four adult wizards but she used her strength to keep it from showing on the outside as she walked towards Kimberly. She gave the girl a greeting in the form of a tiny smile and light nod of her head, then turned to look back at the four wizards as they turned their attention to the next person to approach.
Student

35 Posts
2 Threads
Undisclosed

All Accounts Posts: 173
Zot made his way up the steep hill toward the castle. Nervous butterflies were rioting in his stomach as he got closer. He was hauling all of his worldly possessions in a large sack slung over his shoulder. This was the beginning of a new future for him and he didn't want to blow it.

Up ahead he saw Cara, identifiable from her bow, speaking to four people waiting at the entrance. He straightened his shoulders, pulling his new black cloak tight around him to show that he was serious and trudged onward until it was his turn in front of the Founders.

He bowed low as he was taught by his father. "My name is Zoticus Greyweather. It is an honor to learn from your hands," he said politely as he straightened up. He was quite tall at six foot three inches so he easily peered over the lady's heads. He looked a little bashful as he spoke though, clearly not used to introducing himself this way.
Founder

35 Posts
4 Threads

Salazar watched as a large, burly young man approached them. Likely one of Godric's, from the looks of him. At least he was respectful and well spoken, though from the looks of things, on the poorer side. Still, greatness could come from anywhere and he wondered how far this young man could go if given the right tools.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, Master Greyweather," Salazar said, raising his head slightly to look the young man in the face. Though he wore not the smiles that Helga and Rowena did, he tried to look somewhat friendly and not as snobbish as Godric often accused him of being at times. "Your fellow students are gathering, it seems, on the grounds to wait for the others to arrive. You may do so as well or else enter the castle and wait on the stairs in the entrance hall for further instructions. The choice is entirely yours."

Enjoy it while you can, Salazar thought to himself. That wouldn't be the case for the rest of the year. One thing that all four friends agreed upon was that young people had needed structure - thus, their time would be accounted for as much as it possibly could be. While there would be some free time for the students to fill as they wished, hopefully they would use it to study and improve themselves as Salazar did.
Founder

77 Posts
2 Threads

Helga was feeling a mild buzz of excitement, helping her otherwise tired state stay alert and awake. It was hard not to be after all the work the four of them had put in to the school and it now led to this moment. Welcoming one student after another to take in the results of a countless number of days worth of work and dream.

She smiled as Cara stepped aside and a tall young man approached not long afterward. Her smiled warmed and brightened in a welcoming form, taking in the boy's stance. He looked almost like he though he wasn't fully centered in his height, sprouting up in height in the blink of an eye as young boys often did or so her sisters told her of their own boys. Rhodri thankfully wasn't just at that stage yet but she knew he would be soon. If his father was any sort of example he would be as equally strapping as him if not maybe more.

Remembering where she was, Helga quickly pulled herself back to the welcoming scene instead of miles away where her children were and wishing instead they were here beside her. "Greetings Master Greyweather and Welcome. I do hope you brought not only an appetite for knowledge and training but also an appetite for food. I don't stand for empty stomachs on my watch so I hope you plan on eating your fill for every meal" Helga said happily.
Founder

46 Posts
4 Threads
Undisclosed

"Welcome and well met Master Greyweather," Rowena said as the others gave the instruction so she didn't have to. He was rather tall and solid and she supposed Godric would likely want him for his house, though she thought it funny if he was meant for elsewhere, such as Helga or Salazar's houses.

Rowena looked over at Godric, wondering what he would say to the lad when their fates were left upon a simple traveling hat. They wouldn't have to squabble over who got to claim who, which she was secretly thankful for. She hated infighting especially when it came between the four of them. Though she would fight as fiercely as the gentlemen, it didn't mean she liked doing it. It was tiring and their energies could best be spent elsewhere.

Casting her gaze past the tall young man, she thought she spotted more coming up the lane. She was prepared to receive them though she wondered just how many would be joining them on their first day. She fully expected there to be late arrivals over the next fortnight at least.
Founder

115 Posts
6 Threads

Godric noticed the strapping young man walking up the lane. Salazar jumping in for the initial introduction surprised him, though it seemed that they were all taking their turns. When the lad finally stopped to introduced himself, he notice Rhiannon pick up her head, eyes narrowing and the fluff of her fur sticking up a little. He made a small whistle, easily gaining the loyal dog's attention. He bowed his head and so did his girl, putting her head back down, though she still didn't look easy.

However, that managed, Godric turned back towards the young man and gave a simple head nod of acknowledgement. The others had said enough, anything more would really be overkill at this point. He just gestured for the young man to make his decision before Godric refocused his attention on the next student coming up the way.
Student

35 Posts
2 Threads
Undisclosed

"Thank you," he said with another bow before breaking into a smile at Lady Helga's words. He was told he was always hungry but that was on account of his status as a growing boy. The smithies had always thought it funny. He moved over toward the other students assembled and discovered it was none other than Kimberly and Cara.

Zot's smile brightened as he motioned to the two of them as he went to stand next to them, close enough they could talk without interrupting the welcoming committee. 

"Hello again you two," he said with a bow of his head. "Looks like our new lives have officially begun."

He chuckled softly and pulled his cloak a little tighter around him. It ended almost a foot from the ground. The nice woman who had been tailoring it for him hadn't expected someone quite so tall so she had run out of material and promised that next time he came back she'd have a sweeping cloak for him.
Student

43 Posts
2 Threads

Cara watched Zot approach after his greeting with the founders of the school, giving her and Kimberly a motion with his hand as he came up to them. She returned the greeting with a nod in his direction but her gaze returned to the adults again just behind him, studying them for a few moments longer. They didn't look any different than any other high society noble, yet supposedly they were some of the stronger wizards and witches currently known. According to the noble woman at least but she could only assume she would be finding out for herself. They all would.

She glanced at Zot as he spoke and she couldn't help but turn slightly to look at the castle looming right beside them. "I couldn't have said it better myself" Cara replied quietly, resisting the urge to reach back for a touch of her bow for comfort. She had felt this once before, this unsure and overwhelming feeling heavy in her chest as she looked at the building in front of her. She had felt it the day she went to stay with the noble family. Back then she had been a little unsure too but also emotional from her father's immediate cut off from her. This time around she would do better at standing her ground. She had come here to learn and grow in order to survive on her own, not look for ways to repair her damaged heart. Her mind would do well to remember that in the days to come if she wanted to take in as much as she could before she was dismissed from this temporary home to survive on her own.